• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ballifs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ballifs

Hi I hope someone can help me can a ballif take my car my cousin is the legal owner but I'm insured on it the debt is against my name.
    Tags: None

Re: ballifs

Originally posted by deedee413 View Post
    Hi I hope someone can help me can a ballif take my car my cousin is the legal owner but I'm insured on it the debt is against my name.
    An Enforcement Agent (Bailiff) may only seize goods belonging to the Debtor. However that doesn't mean to say they won't try. Want to tell us more what the debt is for as we may be able to help?

Comment

I got a parking ticket last year at my old property but only received a letter today saying it been to court and now to baliffs I sold the car to my cousin but I'm still insured on it as use it to take my daughter to school I'm just worried thay can take the car

Comment

Did you know about the ticket & is there a particular reason why it went unpaid? I assume it an Enforcement Notice you have had whereby they will have charged you a Compliance Fee of £75. It is in your interests to make contact with the Bailiff to come to an arrangement to pay as if he then visits that will be an extra £235.

As for the car if they see it they will clamp it. Do you have a proper receipt for the sale of it? If so then a copy must be kept handy and also a copy of the V5 that shows your cousin as the Registered Keeper.

Comment

I didn't know I had the ticket as I did live in Kent and family in essex so before I moved to kent I was to a throw my flat in Kent it was a house but 2 flats so me and someone shared the letter box so thay probably had my letter I can get the log book of my cousin to show it's not my car but can thay still take it as I use it and I'm insured on it do you know.

Comment

Thanks for that explanation. You need to ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre first thing Monday and explain you have had a ticket issued that has gone to an old address and now have a bailiff on the case. They should be able to email you the correct forms. You return thenm via email and if done before 4pm everything should be put on hold - including Bailiff. The ticket can be reissued but at the original price.

Traffic Enforcement Centre 0300 123 1059 / 01604 619450 - ignore the prompts and wait for a human. Also read this - http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/nor...y-declarations

Comment

Thank u for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X