• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd CCJ County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd CCJ County Court

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    He means they can effectively start proceedings again.

M1
    Thanks mystery1 can you explain, if CEL don't respond to my letters to get issue sorted can they just put a CCJ against me again for no reason ? Cheers

Comment

They can't "put" a ccj against anyone. They have to win in court. You should also get a chance to win and stop them. If they go again you should be sent a claim form and be entitled to defend.

M1

Comment

They can't "put" a ccj against anyone. They have to win in court. You should also get a chance to win and stop them. If they go again you should be sent a claim form and be entitled to defend.

M1

Thanks mystery1.

Comment

I got letter from court today confirming judgement set a side and also stating Defendant if so advised to file a fully pleaded defence by 4.00pm on 3rd February 2014.

Can anyone help with regards to what I have to state in regards to defence against Civil Enforcement Ltd ?

Comment

Originally posted by justas4all View Post
            ****UPDATE****

I went to court today against Civil Enforcement Ltd and they didn't turn up, the judge listened to my case and set aside the CCJ.

He said I need to resolve the matter with CEL or they can put the CCJ back on again, can anyone shed light to what he means? I have written to CEL in December regarding the ticket fine/ccj and they haven't responded to my letter.
            Civil Enforcement Ltd not turning up for a court hearing says a lot to me, like, "Ooops. We're going to be put to strict proof and get our gonads ripped off."
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by justas4all View Post
              I got letter from court today confirming judgement set a side and also stating Defendant if so advised to file a fully pleaded defence by 4.00pm on 3rd February 2014.

Can anyone help with regards to what I have to state in regards to defence against Civil Enforcement Ltd ?

You need to get the claim form first in order to compile a defence. Contact the court and CEL making sure they have your current address. You cannot deny the allegations if you don't know what they are.

Once you know the particulars of claim, post them up.

M1

Comment

You need to get the claim form first in order to compile a defence. Contact the court and CEL making sure they have your current address. You cannot deny the allegations if you don't know what they are.

Once you know the particulars of claim, post them up.

M1

Cheers mystery 1, the judge said at the hearing to file a defence within 28 days to send CEL he gave me a copy of claim against me as I have never received anything from CEL even though I sent them registered letter in December. Would it help to show on here the claim form from them, or is it a standard defence letter to send them, many thanks.

Comment

There is no point me competing with Gan. Stick to one forum or you'll get confused.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X