• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil enforcement limited taking me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil enforcement limited taking me to court

I know there are plenty of threads about this company (and others like it) and the tickets they issue, but this time they appear to have taken it a step further and issued me with a CCJ. Background - JJB had just gone into administration (Sept 2012) so a few weeks after I went to our local store to see if I could grab a bargain. It was on a Saturday and the JJB Store is on a retail park with various other outlets. Needless to say it was manic and I think a lot of people had the same idea as us, we spent over 2 hours in the store trawling through everything and we also went to a couple of other stores. When it was time to leave the car park to nose to tail with cars and not much was moving, it took us 10 mins just to get out of the car parking space and a great deal of time to get out of the car park itself. Didn't think much of it but a few weeks after we received the PCN saying we had stayed in the car park for 3hrs 30mins, half an hour over the limit, they knew this because there are ANPR cameras at the entrance/exit of the car park. After researching on the internet everywhere said just ignore the PCN and any further letters and it will go away, which I did, the final one threating court was back in December but heard nothing until a few days ago when a CCJ came through asking for £350. I plan to go against the claim but would just like to get some advice on the best way about it, is the fact that the traffic was so bad a valid excuse. The only thing I am worried about is getting something on my record as I am re-mortgaging in a few months and also looking to buy a business in the next year or so which could mean trying to get a loan. I don't want this to have an affect on it.
    Tags: None

Re: Civil enforcement limited taking me to court

You say you have a CCJ, have you checked your Credit File to see if this is true? What paperwork exactly have you received from the Court? I do find it strange that they have written to you previously but all Court paperwork has seemingly not arrived!

Comment

Apologies, I was maybe wrong in saying that it was a CCJ. I have received the N1 Claim form with all the relevant forms to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by goble View Post
        Apologies, I was maybe wrong in saying that it was a CCJ. I have received the N1 Claim form with all the relevant forms to respond.
        That's OK it was what I suspected. Best bet to move forward is to go to Pepipoo as they have those well versed in helping out on such matters www.pepipoo.com

Comment

Okay thanks I will have a look. If anyone has any other websites that might help or even just some advice it would be gratefully received.

Comment

Pepipoo is really the place. They are well practised in defending these claims.

Comment

As you say Pepipoo seem to have great advice on these claims. I will keep this site updated with any progress in case anyone else needs it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X