• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Premier park

Hi Tonto33

This is a private parking ticket and as such the contract is between the driver and the land owner. It is down to Premier Park to prove who the driver was. This can not be proved by the photo's provided by PP. With out admitting anything you could write to PP and ask for proof of who was driving. This usually shuts them up.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman View Post
      Hi Tonto33

This is a private parking ticket and as such the contract is between the driver and the land owner. It is down to Premier Park to prove who the driver was. This can not be proved by the photo's provided by PP. With out admitting anything you could write to PP and ask for proof of who was driving. This usually shuts them up.
      Unfortunately, you are mistaken with regards to the driver - since 1st of October (Freedoms Bill) legal owner becomes "liable" unless he/she supplies name of the driver. However, you are right about the contract and everything it entails.

Comment

Sounds like PP are taking the PP.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi,
          I have read the info on Premier Park Ltd with interest.
          I am at the Dept recovery letter stage! (Debt Recovery +).
          I parked late one night in Exeter Cathedral and got a letter a couple of days after, no sticker on the windscreen.
          All of the information on the web syas ignore, but it is quite intimidating.
          Any advice?

Thanks
          DM

Comment

keep ignoring if it is a parking charge notice if it is a penalty charge notice ask the nice people here for help . If it goes to court come back for advice

Comment

Looks like I've been forgotten not heard anything since march they must be really busy trying to con money out of other people as it's the holiday season

Comment

Just wondering what the outcome was to your woes with Premier Park ?

We're in exactly the same situation having pulled into (but not parked) in the same car park in Perranporth. I've ignored the first two letters from Premier Park, as recommended, and have now received the first letter from Debt Recovery Plus.

I did email the owners of the Perran Bay Home directly but unsurprisingly had no response.

Thanks Ben

Comment

Hi, I have now received a letter from DRP on behalf of Premier Park at the reduced amount stage.

In my case, I was invited to a friends house in November and parked for a couple of hours in the evening, returning to find a notice on my car for failure to display a permit. The charge was £100 (£60 if paid early) then £150 now £120 or else £150 + if through court.

My defences are:

1) Poor signage as there were not many signs. The main one on the entrance is literally at floor level, the one nearest my car was a fair distance away, not very big and 7.5 feet off the ground above a door which I didn't go to.

2) It was November at night so very dark, meaning that their signs were not easy to see. The only light in the area was behind the branches of a tree and so not bright. Their own photos of my car show it is very dark with the afore mentioned very high up sign (in a separate photo) seemingly illuminated by their camera flash.

3) I had authorisation to be there as I was invited by a resident. I parked in a space marked with a V (which I assumed was for visitor).

4) Since the car park does not charge an hourly fee, or similar, they have lost no income and therefore a charge of £100 is not valid.

I do not know much about the law in this regard but on searching the internet the main advice was to ignore them. I followed advice on MoneySupermarket and sent Premier Park one letter stating the above points and that I would not pay unless they could answer all of them, and then ignored everything else they sent.

They sent a response saying thanks for my appeal but they were still charging me (I made sure that at no point in my letter did it say I was appealing, simply that I refuted the invoice and would not pay). Eventually they sent enough letters to get to this reduced amount one from DRP.

I am concerned about what to do if I receive an official claim for etc, does my defence seem reasonable or am I in trouble?

Comment

It needs expanding but is the basis for a decent defence.

If you still have the rejection letters and they rejected an appeal (even if you didn't use the word) then keep them safe. If there was no popla code then they'd have trouble as it breaches the rules they are supposed to abide by.

M1

Comment

Hi. I have a letter I guess its the 2nd letter of their process. However I had to received the first part which would be detailing a £60 charge and pictures of my car. As I've read all your advices do you still advice me to ignore everything?

Comment

If you don't have an opportunity to appeal and the driver and keeper are one and the same then yes. You should take any opportunity to appeal or name the driver if different so they can appeal.

M1

Comment

Hello what was the outcome of this?*

Comment

Hi

Just received parking charge notice from Premier from 25/10 in Lamorna Cove. Doesn’t look like they are acting on behalf of local authority. Paid for 4 hours parking went for a walk - took slightly longer than expected 33 mins over the allowed time.

£100 fine or £60 inside 14 days - is the current advice still to ignore.

Comment

The current advice is to create your own thread rather than hijack someone else's thread. Ignore has not been the advice for 8 years

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X