• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN appeal help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN appeal help.

I'll leave it to Teaboy to lay out the in-depth route and then you can decide

Comment

Hi,
      I just wanted to check that I'm not in the wrong here. Here is a picture I took today. It shows the road, road name and sign. The sign does say 'Resident permit holders parking only past this point'. Does this change anything?

I have also got my hands on 'Area (Residents Permit Zones) permit Scheme - Terms and Conditions' which has no indicated of time limits when parking in a residential area.
      This is a direct extract from the document:

General

An All Area (Residents Permit Zone) permit provides a concession to park within any number of Residents Permit Zones (RPZ) that are located throughout the Leeds district, where a valid permit is required to be displayed.
      Terms and conditions of use

1) All Area (Residents Permit Zones) permits can only be used within Residents Permit Zones located outside of the city centre.

2) Permits cannot be used to park within the city centre, on pay and display, permit holder, loading or disabled bays, taxi ranks or on single/double yellow lines.

3) Permits can only be used when undertaking visits to client (residents) properties within an RPZ, not for attending meetings, normal places of work or to park and visit other locations outside of the RPZ.

4) Permits cost £60.00 per year.

5) The scheme will be administered by Parking Services. The relevant manager must make applications on the specified application form. Applications from individuals will not be accepted.

6) Permits will be issued to the organisation and not individuals.

7) The parking service will make regular checks and retains the right to issue penalty charges if the Civil Enforcement Officer feels that the permit is not being used properly or deems the permit invalid. Misused permits will result in withdrawal of the facility.

Am I correct in saying the permit indicates I can park in resident only parking areas and does not indicate any time restrictions?

Comment

I've been unable to upload the picture.... I keep getting errors

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cherry Place.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1155378

Comment

Originally posted by alistairdale View Post
            Hi,
            I just wanted to check that I'm not in the wrong here. Here is a picture I took today. It shows the road, road name and sign. The sign does say 'Resident permit holders parking only past this point'. Does this change anything?

Yes, I'm afraid it does. You have a business permit, not a resident permit, so the previous grounds for appeal no longer apply.
            Goes to show the importance of the exact wording on signage

I have also got my hands on 'Area (Residents Permit Zones) permit Scheme - Terms and Conditions'
            Am I correct in saying the permit indicates I can park in resident only parking areas and does not indicate any time restrictions?
            This also is of no use to you. Area RPZ permits are a separate type of permit for people like health workers, social workers etc who need to visit residents in several different zones.You have a business permit, it may say all zones, but you can only park in business or shared use bays, not resident permit only bays.

Failing any other grounds for appeal, I suggest you pay the discounted amount.

Comment

Damn!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X