• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ukpc charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukpc charge

Good Morning,

I was wondering if someone could help with a bit of advice.
    Week or so ago i got a letter in the post with a parking charge from the 12th of June for parking outside of a marked bay in stevenage leisure park. When I went onto the website to view the charge there was actually a windscreen ticket attached the car which the driver genuinely never saw.
    The driver parked the car in the 2nd to end bay of the carpark. The driver would of parked in the very end bay but was unable to put the car in it as the bush has grown into the area making it too small to fit a car inside the lines.
    I emailed Nandos, who the driver was visiting and they said they are unable to cancel the ticket as have no control over parking charges.
    I have appealed to UKPC to say the driver didn't cause any issue and would of parked in the space if was big enough , gebuine customer etc. I've since had (an automatic letter I assume) a final demand saying they wrote to me 28 days ago so now the registered keeper is liable although the dates on the letters are 15 days apart and I recieved the first letter way after the date printed on it.
    I've no doubt the appeal will get rejected,what grounds could i appeal to the next stage on? They say signage is prominently displayed, but on the photos attached to the charge the writing is so small it's impossible to read and I had to go and get my own zoomed in version. £100 just seems crazy for having a wheel over a line into an area that noone could park in.

Tags: None

Could you please post up a copy of the Notice to Keeper that you have received.
    Remove all identifying details but leave in all dates and times

a copy of the signage might also be useful

Comment

Sure, hopefully these links are ok, it won't let me upload the photos directly

https://ibb.co/cYLnggB https://ibb.co/yBjBg35
      https://ibb.co/0rHVF5m
      https://ibb.co/dJ2ZpLC

Comment

So I would write to them along the following lines:

Dear Sirs,
        I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to specify the period of parking to which this notice applies as prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
        Yours etc

Probably won't accept it as a valid challenge, but it is a start

Comment

Thank you!

I will send now and update when I hear back

Comment

Hi,

As expected my appeal was rejected. They wrote to me asking for me to name the driver, which I didn't and then they rejected the appeal. I now have the option to pay £60 or appeal to POPLA and pay £100 if I lose.
            is it worth me appealing on the basis tbasis he period of parking is missing and the signage they attached to the Online evidence is very far away from where I was parked as no visible signage from where I was parked?

thanks

Comment

I would appeal to PoPLA, and if I lost there I would defend a court claim, because there is a viable defence
              However there is a risk that I would lose and have to pay the £100 plus their limited legal costs.

But then I don't like being taken for a ride but will risk losing.

However it is your choice, and you might find court stressful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X