• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Keeper Notice for Parking in the Disable parking spot at McDonalds car park.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Notice for Parking in the Disable parking spot at McDonalds car park.

Hi here,

The keeper of the vehicle has received a PCN (£100 camera ticket from MET Parking Services) because the car was "parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a disabled badge at McDonald's car park."

The notice states: "The driver of the above vehicle is liable for a parking charge in the above amount... We, MET Parking Services Limited, are the creditor. At the time of this notice, we do not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver. As the keeper of the vehicle, you are now invited to either pay the unpaid parking charge or, if you were not the driver of the vehicle, to notify us of the name of the driver and current address for service for the driver AND pass this notice on to the driver."

The keeper of the car was not the driver at the time. What is the best solution to get this PCN cancelled? Should the keeper of the vehicle write an appeal letter to MET Parking Services providing the driver’s details and address?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Park243; 15th July 2024, 10:39:AM.
    Tags: None

Were you "parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a disabled badge at McDonalds car park"?

Do not identify the driver to the parking compnay or on here.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
      Were you "parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a disabled badge at McDonalds car park"?

Do not identify the driver to the parking compnay or on here.
      From the Picture I can see that the driver has parked in disabled bay without clearly displaying a disabled badge.
      Attached Files

Comment

If you want it to go away you can simply supply name and address of driver to MET.
        The driver will then receive a demand for payment.

If you want to dispute the charge please post up a copy of the PCN, first removing identifying details, bur leave in all times and dates

Comment

I observe that the OP does not say whether the driver has a blue badge, albeit that it was not displayed.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Jazz View Post

From the Picture I can see that the driver has parked in disabled bay without clearly displaying a disabled badge.
            What if the Driver doesn't pay the penalty, will the MET or their collectors come back to the keeper in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Jazz View Post

What if the Driver doesn't pay the penalty, will the MET or their collectors come back to the keeper in the future?
              Possibly
              Last edited by des8; 15th July 2024, 15:57:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X