• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court letter

Hi

I have recently received a letter from county court for a parking charge notice and was wondering if I now had to pay there requested amount or I can fight it, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Of course you can defend it, that is your right, but whether or not you will be successful no one knows.

I suggest you acknowledge the claim, but do not enter a defence yet.
    Then send a CPR31.14 to the solicitors and a Subject access request to the Parking company (templates in SHORTCUTS panel on right of this page)
    They will need tweaking for your situation as they were drafted for debt cases.

The if you want help post up redacted copies of the claim and PCNs received and legible photos of the signs at the car park.

Do not identify the driver when communicating with them or when posting on here

Comment

Thanks for the response Des8 this is what the claimant believes are the facts.
      Attached Files

Comment

ParkingEye rarely get it wrong, but can you post up the original PCN

Also how much was the Parking Charge (£100 reduced to £60 for quick payment?) and how much are they claiming?

Are the signs at the location adequate and visible and legible?

There might be a chance of successfully defending, but without full info can't speculate

Comment

Honestly cant remember because it was from back in April and i no longer have the original PCN, i don't live near the location so I'm going to ask my cousin to see if they can get some info from the carpark signage for me.

Comment

They are trying to claim £210

Comment

OK, so send the subject access request & CPR31.14 request to ParkingEye and they should send you a copy of the PCN.
              Do not admit to being the driver when writing to them.

Do also acknowledge the claim within 2 weeks of the date of issue as this effectively gives you an extra 2 weeks+ to file a defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X