• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Issued after 14 Days -Smark Parking Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Issued after 14 Days -Smark Parking Ltd

Hi,

I have just got a letter notifying me of a parking charge of £170 from debt recovery plus on behalf of Smart Parking Ltd. The parking charge was from the 22/01/24, the letter was sent on 11/03/24 and received on the 15/03/24. I wasn't driving but my partner was, they were in the area for about 15 mins by mistake. The letter doesn't detail any length of time. Am I able to appeal this?
    Tags: None

If it is already with DRP smart parking will refuse any appeal.

Did you ever receive a Parking charge Notice addressed to the registered keeper?

If yes could you please post up a copy, first redacting identifying details, but leave in all dates and times

Comment

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

I am the registered keeper of the car and this is the first correspondence I have received.

Comment

So, WITHOUT IDENTIFYING THE DRIVER write to:
        1)Write to DRP, telling them the alleged debt is in dispute and they should cease recovery activity and return the matter to their principals.
        2)Send a Subject Access Request (template in SHORTCUTS panel on right) to Smart Parking, requesting in particular for copies of any Parking Charge Notices they have sent you

Post replies up when received,( first removing identifying details but leaving in any dates or times)

Comment

Hi,

I got an automatic reply from Smart Parking, but from Dept Recovery Plus I got the following message,

About your parking charge
          Thank you for your communication regarding the above parcking charge.

The time to challenge the charge has now expired and therefore access to an independent appeals service (if applicable) is no longer available.

Howeve, in order to resolve this matter, I will offer the following comments to why the PCN was correctly issued and is still payable.

My findings
          the site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs state all drivers miat make a valid payment to park.

on 22/01/2024 the vehicle was parked without valid payment for parking being made and the PCN was correctly and legitimately issued as a result.

what to do now
          pay £170 by 01/04/2024...
          --------------------
          Sorry i couldnt attach the image

Comment

So ignore DRP.
            Assume the response from Smart Parking was just an acknowledgment, so wait for the info you requested.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X