• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt recovery plus letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamtvn View Post
    The crazy thing is, I mentioned that I’ve never received any of the alleged PCN letters and only received the DRP letters. They’ve totally ignored that.
    Standard with these companies.
    They don't read the appeals but just churn out standard letters
    You stated that the PCN had not stated a period of parking and they reply that "It is not reliant on when you receive the notice.". You never disputed the time of delivery factor, just that it had not been received
    Just shows how little interest they have in what you write to them.

Comment

Hi des8

The saga continues with a reply from the CPM as follows.

Complaint Reference: 20240318-05UKCPM
      Parking Charge Notice: 50297627

We write in response to your email dated 15th March 2024. We note that in your correspondence you raise the following concerns:
      • You did not receive the initial Parking Charge Notice issued, to your address.
      • You state that UK-CPM has not complied with the requirements of POFA and therefore are unable to hold yourself liable for the PCN.

Following receipt of the above referenced correspondence we have conducted a review of the Parking Charge Notice and have concluded that the same was issued correctly for the following reasons:
      • UK-CPM can confirm we hold the same address as provided by yourself and that the Notice to Keeper letter was issued to this address on the 9th January 2024, with a First Reminder letter issued on the 26thJanuary 2024.

As we had not received any contact or payment with regards to the issuance of this PCN, this was passed to our Debt Recovery Agent, Debt Recovery Plus, on the 13th February 2024.
      If you are concerned about not receiving your post, we would advise you contact your local post office with your concerns.
      • Pursuant to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we are entitled to hold the Registered Keeper of a Vehicle liable for any Parking Charges which results from a breach of contract should the Registered Keeper decline to provide the full name and full serviceable address of the Driver of the Vehicle on the contravention date. This information has not been provided, and consequently, you as the Registered Keeper are the liable party in relation to the above Parking Charge Notice.

The vehicle was observed parked on-site, mounted on the pavement and not within a marked bay.

The signage on-site states: “You must park wholly within a marked bay. No parking on roadways/yellow lines, paved/hatched or landscaped areas.

As UK-CPM are not inviting the general public to park, stop or wait within this area, no grace period, or period of parking, is required to be provided.

We note your position concerning your request for costs. We deny any liability concerning monies owed to yourself. We will not be issuing any monies at this time.

Please be advised, that we have instructed Debt Recovery Plus to recover the outstanding balance of the Parking Charge Notice and they continue to have conduct in this matter. Accordingly, all further correspondence concerning the Parking Charge Notice and settlement of the same will need to be sent directly to them and not ourselves.

We thank you for contacting us and trust the above response addresses your queries. Please note, any further correspondence received from you will be logged but will not be responded to.

We are members of the International Parking Community (IPC) Accredited Operator Scheme (AOS).

The IPC is a DVLA Accredited Trade Association (ATA) and has a Code of Practice and an Independent Appeals Service (IAS) that allows a Motorist access to an independent adjudication process on the lawfulness of Parking Charges issued by their members. An important condition of being an AOS member is that operators must adhere to The Code.

If you are not content with the response, we have provided you with, you can refer this to the IPC who will investigate and provide you with a response.

Crazy!!!’ So I have to check with the post office why I did t receive the original letters. Not that I would even think of doing that because I’d get no where. I thought the government had somewhat a handle on these parking companies.

What say you Des?

Comment

Normal load of tosh .
        To transfer liability for an unpaid parking charge from the driver to the keeper the Notice to Keeper has to contain certain information as mandated in Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA ").
        One of the items it must contain is the period of parking.
        This is missing from the documents you have shown us.

Just ignore what they send, until you receive a letter headed "letter before action/claim), which will probably come from a firm called DRP Legal ltd.
        Then post back here

Comment

Hi des8

I received a letter from DRP. Requesting I pay now and share my solicitors details. Also then stating the days until legal action commences is imminent.

I have attached a copy of the letter for reference.

I like how they list items on the second page and confirm that all those points are valid and correct, when indeed they are not.

Should I be worried ?

Attached Files

Comment

I would not be worried as I've seen this letter (on LB!) many times.
            DRP Legal will be the next to write to you, and they will probably initiate court action which you can defend.

You have a good defence, and if as so often they just don't turn up at court, you should win easily

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X