• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interview Under Caution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Under Caution

The council has asked me to attend an interview under caution for a vehicle contravention of section 117 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. It all started when I used a blue badge, which was cancelled. I am a disabled veteran and do have a blue badge. However, on this day, I used a cancelled blue badge, which I reported lost and had been issued a new one. I need help on how to go about this interview as what I say will determine if the council takes further action or not. Thank you.
    Last edited by buzzingbee; 7th February 2024, 17:14:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi BUZZINGBEE

Welcome to LB

It sounds like the Council / police wasting their time.

I think you need to explain as you have in your post, you thought you lost it, so reported it lost, but had actually misplaced it, where ever you keep them e.g. draw full of lots of 'bits and bobs'. So it was in the draw all the time, that's where the 'crossover' happened. Only say that if that's what happened.

The expert in this field is islandgirl . So wait for a post from her.

Comment

Hi buzzingbee Council's can prosecute certain things themselve (eg flytipping) so misuse of badges probably also falls into this area - no police involved. You have a reason for the use and the council should accept it. If you do not want to attend an interview it may be worth writing to the council saying you are not refusing to go along but that you would like to explain the situation as you do not think it will be necessary. Explain everything and hopefully they will see sense. Many of the council brought cases we see in the Mags court have months and months of non contact behind them - the resident ignores letters and then requests for an interview so it ends up in court which cost the council a lot of money, effort and time. I expect they will not go forward with it when they know the circumstances.

Comment

Just as an update, I wrote to the council explaining my situation, and they accepted and cancelled the interview. Thanks for all the help. Appreciated

Comment

Well Done, good to know it's sorted.

Comment

Excellent well done!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X