• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN while loading and unloading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN while loading and unloading

I got a council parking charge when I was loading and unloading while moving home. I told the parking attendant that before she had gave out the fine and she rudely said she doesnt care. I appealed the charge saying that but the person who replied clearly didnt read a single bit of the appeal and they claim I should have paid and there is signage near by. The signs dont say anything about restricted loading at all so should I take this to a tribunal?
    Tags: None

How long were you parked for?

This is the London Councils advice, check website of council who issued PCN for their version (including re maximum time)

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...-and-unloading

Do you consider you were complying with all the rules as explained on the link?

If so I'd say you have grounds for appeal, although it's a while since I did one and I can't remember the exact procedure for that. Note on the link the guidance about presenting supporting paperwork in any appeal.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by joshf View Post
      I got a council parking charge when I was loading and unloading while moving home. I told the parking attendant that before she had gave out the fine and she rudely said she doesnt care. I appealed the charge saying that but the person who replied clearly didnt read a single bit of the appeal and they claim I should have paid and there is signage near by. The signs dont say anything about restricted loading at all so should I take this to a tribunal?
      it was Glasgow council. I was unloading while in a parking bay. The parking attendant said its a residential parking zone with no loading or unloading but there's not signage at the entrance to say that, nor does the time limit signs mention anything about loading/unlading.

The council didnt read my appeal and just rejected my first appeal.

should I give in to the council corruption or fight it?

Comment

You might like to post on Pepipoo as they seem to be the experts on Penalty Charge notices issued by local authorities (www.pepipoo.com)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X