• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN 28 Parked in a special enforcement area on part of the carriageway raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN 28 Parked in a special enforcement area on part of the carriageway raise

(I can't add any attachments, not allowed as per the warning when submitting so removed them)

Hi,

I have received a PCN for the following contravention: PCN contravention 28 - Parked in a special enforcement area on part of the carriageway raise.

I have attached the PCN copy which has the wrong make as the vehicle is not a Vauxhall but not sure if that makes a difference, also the photos of where they believe the contravention took place and the points I raised below which I believe are relevant but not sure.

a) If I appeal and they reject, do I lose the 50% discount?
    b) Do I have a chance?

I have written an appeal which is as follows:

Re: Penalty Charge Notice - Reference:
    Vehicle Registration:
    Date of Contravention:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to formally appeal the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) issued to me on 26/12/2023 for an alleged contravention of parking in a special enforcement area on part of the carriageway raised to meet the level of a footway, cycle, or verge.

I would like to bring to your attention several factors that, in my opinion, render this contravention unenforceable:

Lack of Clear Signage:

There were no signs indicating that parking in the area in question was prohibited. According to the Traffic Management Act 2004, clear signage is essential for enforcement. The absence of such signage implies that drivers were not adequately informed about the parking restrictions in the designated area.

Absence of Road Markings:

There were no road markings indicating the prohibition of parking in the specific area. Proper road markings are crucial for drivers to understand parking restrictions. Without them, it becomes challenging for motorists to discern where parking is allowed or prohibited.

Presence of a Tree:

At the location where my vehicle was parked, there is a tree adjacent to the road. The presence of the tree may have obscured any potential signage or markings that could have otherwise indicated parking restrictions. This further contributes to the lack of clarity regarding the designated parking regulations in the area.

Incorrect Vehicle Make:

The PCN specifies that the vehicle in question is a Vauxhall, which is factually incorrect. The correct make of the vehicle is [Your Vehicle Make]. This discrepancy raises concerns about the accuracy and reliability of the information recorded on the PCN.

Lack of Pedestrian Markings or Cycle Lane:

There were no pedestrian markings or designated cycle lane in the vicinity, which contributes to the confusion regarding the nature of the area and any associated parking restrictions.

Given the aforementioned points, I kindly request that you reconsider and withdraw the Penalty Charge Notice. I believe that the circumstances surrounding the alleged contravention raise valid concerns about the enforceability and fairness of the penalty.

I have attached photographic evidence supporting my claims and would appreciate a thorough review of this appeal. I trust that, upon careful examination, you will find grounds to revoke the PCN.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to a favorable resolution.
    Tags: None

If you don't appeal, you certainly won't win¬

however you might do better to post on PEPIPOO,(http://www.pepipoo.com/) where there are a number of people who are knowledgeable about Penalty Charge Notices

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X