• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Section 62

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Section 62

Looking for advoce here for a friend regarding a rejected appeal for pcn issued as section 62.. THe area could be considered a layby with no road markings or signage. Is it worth taking this further as it could be considered as part of the carriageway. There are no obvious crossing points or drop kerbs here.

Section of Response

Nature of Contravention: 62 Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway

NOTICE OF DECLINE OF CHALLENGE Thank you for writing to us regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice. We have carefully considered your challenge, however have decided not to cancel your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN). You were issued a PCN for parking with one wheel (or more) on the pavement or off the road. Pavement or off-road parking is not allowed unless signs say otherwise. This rule applies 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is enforced because vehicles: • can get in the way of pedestrians, especially blind people or people with prams; and • can damage paving or underground pipes. The rule forbidding off-road parking does not have to be signposted. Greater London Council (General Powers Act) 1974 as amended by the London Local Authorities Act 2000 prohibits footway parking throughout the Greater London area. Section 15 (2) provides that any person, who causes or permits a vehicle to be parked in Greater London with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway, shall be guilty of an offence. Pavements, grass verges, traffic islands and crossovers are included. We must advise that any length of highway or of any other road to which the public has access by virtue of section 142 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 is enforceable.

Tags: None

It's clearly an historical vehiclular crossover that hasn't been reinstated to pavement. I can't imagine that an adjudicator would determine otherwise. Discount is your best bet

Comment

posters on Pepipoo might have other views

Comment

Hi Michael thanks for your response. Not sure I understand do you mean the PCN is justified ?

Comment

Originally posted by C4rperT4rper View Post
          Hi Michael thanks for your response. Not sure I understand do you mean the PCN is justified ?
          Yes.I can't readily see any defence, other than an error in the pcn itself and for that you would need to post it in it's entirity on Pepipoo who are the experts on technical issues

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?

Register with a non-hotmail account

Comment

michael it looks like your post was unapproved by our spam filter in error. I've approved it but there's no text I'm afraid. By all means try and post again and tag me if it happens again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X