• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim for Gatwick Drop Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim for Gatwick Drop Off

I've just recently received a Court Claim form issued by BW Legal on behalf of National Car Parks for circa £255 for an unpaid PCN for an unpaid drop off fee at Gatwick dating back to January this year.

I have never received the PCN. I did however move house the end of February and probably lagged behind in changing the V5 over until March or April so it's plausible the PCN went to my old address.

I have not been sent any further information with the court claim so do not have a copy of the PCN. What is the best course of action and what are my chances of the claim being set aside? To acknowledge the claim on the grounds of challenging it and then formulating a defence and to request evidence of the offence? I'm afraid I live a good couple hundred of miles away so don't have any evidence of the signage at Gatwick.
    Tags: None

Post up a copy of the claim form (remove identifying details first!)

Send a CPR 31 14 request (template in SHORTCUTS panel on right) to BW Legal (Do not identify the driver and send first class with free certificate of posting from post office)

The good news is that as Gatwick airport is covered by byelaws it is not relevant land for the purposes of the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012.
    This means they cannot transfer liability for the Drop off charge from the driver to the keeper
    (hence don't tell them who was driving!)

In meantime I'm tagging admin ( ULA ) with a polite request that your first post is suitably edited)

Comment

Thank you DES8.

I take it I still need to submit the AoS stating I am going to contest?
      Attached Files

Comment

Answered my own question in reading the template

In this case then, I am requesting the PCN, the contract breached and the terms and conditions. Can I ask about the last paragraph? I have to admit it’s thrown me. Is this required?

For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, xx/xx/xxxx.

Comment

Omit the final paragraph .... the template was originally designed for money claims.

Yes, acknowledge the claim, ... defending in full... but do not enter a defence at the moment

Have sent you a PM

ULA besides editing the first posts, could you please delete the reference in Post 3 to the registered keeper

Comment

des8 edited
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Much appreciated both.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X