• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No reply to appeal, now with dcbl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reply to appeal, now with dcbl

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with how to deal with my particular issue

I received a pcn for overstaying my welcome at a car park.. I was shopping, but need to learn to shop quicker.
    I received the pcn for £70, with a reduced rate of £42 if I paid within 14 days
    It said if I appealed & my appeal was unsuccessful, I would have a further 14 days to pay at the reduced rate.
    It clearly said, do not make payment if you are planning on appealing.
    After I submitted my appeal, I received an email confirmation
    Then nothing until I received a letter from dcbl saying I now owed £140

After receiving the letter from the dcbl, I tried contacting Highview Parking
    No one answered, it was all automated lines, no people
    I tried emailing
    No one responded
    I tried googling up how to appeal further, but POPLA needed a 10 digit reference number that would have been on the response to my appeal…. Which I never got !
    I tried contacting the British Parking Association, after 2 attempts there I got a response to say that they couldn’t help me unless I had complained through Highview’s official complaints procedure
    So… I went back to Highview Parking & said I wanted to log a complaint as I had not had a response to my appeal
    They replied and said they couldn’t help me as it had been passed to the debt collection agency
    I emailed again to say, that response is not in line with your complaints procedure, can you please follow the complaints procedure & respond to my complaint
    I heard nothing
    Today I chased them & called the debt collection agency… who basically said, pay or we’ll take you to court… obviously I didn’t pay

I have no idea how to deal with this, what to do, or how to get this resolved… I have never had a pcn before (thankfully, it seems)

I'd welcome some advice if anyone has any, it's ridiculous that I'm unable to speak to anyone at Highview & they won't even respond to emails with anything other than.. we cannot help you as it has been passed to debt collection
    I have no idea how to get this resolved.

Obviously I'd like to avoid a CCJ, however, I also don't think I should have to pay the £140 when I never had any communication from the result of the appeal... if they even dealt with it at all
    Tags: None

i suppose that unfortunately you have identified yourself as the driver.

Not much you can do now except wait for them to initiate court proceedings.
    Are the letters from DCBL Limited or DCB Legal?
    The former are debt collectors and can do nothing.
    DCB Legal however may will initiate court

When they do, come back here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X