• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK parking control Ltd sent me county court letter please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK parking control Ltd sent me county court letter please help

Hi everyone,

I have received a county court letter (how do I attach the letter here?) from a private parking company I ignored all their letters but now I need to respond, please can someone help me? Thanks
    Tags: None

In the reply box under this post click the paperclip icon then the 'Upload attachments' button. Cover up any infomation that would identify you or your vehicle, including court or UKPC reference numbers, before uploading.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thank you PallasAthena for replying. Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_img_20231018_104612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1657447

Comment

Send a Subject Access Letter to UK Parking Control and a CPR31.14 to DCB Legal
        There are templates for these letters in the SHORTCUTS box on right of this page.
        They will need tweaking for your particular circumstances

Do not identify the driver when writing to them

You also need to acknowledge the claim, but do not yet enter a defence
        This gives you 33 days from date of issue in which to write your defence

If you still have it, could you please post up a redacted copy of the original parking charge.
        Delete all identifying details but leave in all dates and times

Last edited by des8; 18th October 2023, 17:06:PM.

Comment

First post edited + Des's request.

Comment

That letter is a Claim Form. Do as @des8says.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

#4 thank you des8 and the rest for your help and replies. In the claim form, when acknowledging the claim, which option out of these 3 should I pick:

1. I intend to defend all of this claim
              2. I intend to defend part of this claim
              3. I intend to contest jurisdiction

Apologises, im new to this and still learning, but how do we reply to specific posts by someone?

Thanks

Comment

Do you intend to defend all of the claim?

I do not think option 3 applies to you.

There is the "reply with quote" button, if you really have to.
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                  Which might not be visible if you’re posting from a phone and using it in portrait mode. If this is the case, turn it sideways into landscape mode and it should be visible to the right hand side of the light blue bar under the post.

Comment

Thank you Huxie and atticus for your help with navigating the site.

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                    Do you intend to defend all of the claim?

I do not think option 3 applies to you.

I am not sure but think all of the claim i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Send a Subject Access Letter to UK Parking Control and a CPR31.14 to DCB Legal
                      There are templates for these letters in the SHORTCUTS box on right of this page.
                      They will need tweaking for your particular circumstances

Do not identify the driver when writing to them

You also need to acknowledge the claim, but do not yet enter a defence
                      This gives you 33 days from date of issue in which to write your defence

If you still have it, could you please post up a redacted copy of the original parking charge.
                      Delete all identifying details but leave in all dates and times

Thank you Des8 for replying back to me and for your help.

Can you please see if this CPR31.14 to DCB legal is ok and also little help with the highlighted sections is needed:

Your name Your address Your postcode
                      Date
                      UK Parking Control Limited
                      Union House
                      111 New Union Street
                      Coventry
                      CV1 2NT

To Whom It May Concern:

Claim Number: XXXXXX

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On 10/10/2023 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx. (Which date should I put here?)

NB: ONLY LIST HERE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE MENTIONED IN THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM ON THE FRONT OF THE CLAIM FORM – eg. IF THEY DON’T MENTION ‘DEFAULT NOTICE’ YOU CANNOT ASK FOR IT UNDER CPR 31.14, IF THEY MENTION CONTRACT rather than AGREEMENT – ask for the CONTRACT…IF IN DOUBT TYPE OUT THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM AND ASK ON THE FORUM. ( and remove this paragraph too!!!!) for EXAMPLE

1. Agreement / Contract
                      2. Default Notice
                      3. Notice of Assignment

(Out of these 3 which ones shall I put and/or delete?)

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.
                      You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request, you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, xx/xx/xxxx. (Todays date will go here right? Also what do I attach/enclose?)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
                      Your Name

I Presume I should send this off as a letter and also recorded?

Moreover, I can't find any of the original parking charge letters but i did find this on their website just now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 04.58.37.png
Views:	2
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	1657656

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael23 View Post

Thank you Des8 for replying back to me and for your help.

Can you please see if this CPR31.14 to DCB legal is ok and also little help with the highlighted sections is needed:

Your name Your address Your postcode
                        Date
                        Union House
                        111 New Union Street
                        Coventry
                        CV1 2NT

To Whom It May Concern:

Claim Number: XXXXXX

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On 10/10/2023 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on 9th November 2023

NB: ONLY LIST HERE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE MENTIONED IN THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM ON THE FRONT OF THE CLAIM FORM – eg. IF THEY DON’T MENTION ‘DEFAULT NOTICE’ YOU CANNOT ASK FOR IT UNDER CPR 31.14, IF THEY MENTION CONTRACT rather than AGREEMENT – ask for the CONTRACT…IF IN DOUBT TYPE OUT THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM AND ASK ON THE FORUM. ( and remove this paragraph too!!!!) for EXAMPLE

Parking Charge notice
                        The contract
                        Driver's agreement to pay the charge(s)

(Out of these 3 which ones shall I put and/or delete?)

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.
                        You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request, you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

delete paragraph re credit agreement
                        Yours sincerely
                        Your Name

I Presume I should send this off as a letter and also recorded?

Moreover, I can't find any of the original parking charge letters but i did find this on their website just now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 04.58.37.png
Views:	2
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	1657656

amendments in red

Send first class post with free certificate of posting from post office

We will wait and see what the original Notice to Keeper states when you obtain copies.

Stay aware that if no responses are received you will still have to file a defence on time, but we can deal with that nearer the time

Comment

amendments in red

Send first class post with free certificate of posting from post office

We will wait and see what the original Notice to Keeper states when you obtain copies.

Stay aware that if no responses are received you will still have to file a defence on time, but we can deal with that nearer the time
                          Thank you for your help again.

Also, for the SAR that I should send directly to UKPC, can you have a look at the highlighted area:

[Your full address]

[Phone number]

[The date]

Union House
                          111 New Union Street
                          Coventry
                          CV1 2NT

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

[Your full name and address, any previous address/names and any other details to help identify you and the data you want.]

Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.

[ if there are specific things you want to know put them in here otherwise remove this]

(What should i put here? or just delete this sentence?)

If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

[Signature]

Morover, should I send this in the same manner as CPR31.14 i.e. letter with first class post and free certificate via post office?

thanks again.

Comment

just delete it and send 1st class with free cert of posting

Comment

just delete it and send 1st class with free cert of posting
                              Thank you des8.

1. I acknowledged the claim to defend in full
                              2. Sent DCB legal CPR31.14 1st class with certificate of posting
                              3. Sent UKPC SAR 1st class with certificate of positing.

Now we wait and I guess I can get started on defense template.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X