• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Penalty Charge - Wrong Registration Entered on RingGo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Penalty Charge - Wrong Registration Entered on RingGo

Hi there,

I have received a penalty charge notice from Edinburgh Council, as they said I have not paid for parking... But I have.

I used the RingGo app, and my session is actually still live. Everything is correct, except from my registration plate... My RingGo session is my old registration plate. I actually applied a private plate only yesterday, and this is the reason I've received a ticket - because I didn't update it in RingGo. My bad.

Only thing I can really do is appeal, and that's fine. Can I ask what my chances of success will be? Or do I just suck it up and pay for my own stupidity?
    Tags: None

If you have documents (V5C?) showing that both registration numbers applied to a vehicle with the same VIN, ie it was the same car, you might have a good chance.

But irrespective of how good the chance of success is there's nothing to be lost by challenging it.

Challenge your parking ticket or bus lane charge notice – The City of Edinburgh Council
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
      If you have documents (V5C?) showing that both registration numbers applied to a vehicle with the same VIN, ie it was the same car, you might have a good chance.

But irrespective of how good the chance of success is there's nothing to be lost by challenging it.

Challenge your parking ticket or bus lane charge notice – The City of Edinburgh Council
      Thanks!

Yes I do - and it was only just yesterday I received the new V5C from the DVLA, and only just yesterday that I had the new plates printed at Halfords and put on. It's a new car, and Edinburgh is an unfamiliar area - that coupled with my autism makes it pretty likely I'm going to be forgetful about things like this. I even have my old plates in the boot of the car, and I've added a picture of them, next to my new plates to my appeal.

See what happens. It really is just a genuine mistake.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X