• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt recovery plus sending warnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt recovery plus sending warnings

Greetings,

I would like to hear from you an advice.

Some time ago i have visited one shopping center at stockport. Around a week after it i have received a letter from parking company saying that there was an unpaid parking and now i have to pay £60 now or £100 in week or two. Yes, seems like the parking next to the shopping centre was such a scam place. I haven't seen pay and display signes, so haven't paid for the parking (well, probably signs are there, but they are clearly not enough visible). Because of that - received such letter. Well, i earn something between 60 and 100 per full working day, 8 hours, so i have refused to pay such scam. (Yes, im deeply believe, that this is actually true scam, legalized one). So i have ignored these requests to pay.
    Few weeks ago i have received a letter from debt reckvery plus with charge £160. I have ignored it. Today i have received another letter, reminder, with threats of court, of course. So, here comes my question.

Am i a dumbass and would regret ignoring these letters? Or i am right and can keep ignoring them?
    What is correct approach? Can i cancel/avoid/ignore paying for this parking scam/trap? Or better comply and pay?

Best wishes,
    victim of parking scam
    Tags: None

Originally posted by PiPmaSter View Post
    Greetings,

I would like to hear from you an advice.

Some time ago i have visited one shopping center at stockport. Around a week after it i have received a letter from parking company saying that there was an unpaid parking and now i have to pay £60 now or £100 in week or two. Yes, seems like the parking next to the shopping centre was such a scam place. I haven't seen pay and display signes, so haven't paid for the parking (well, probably signs are there, but they are clearly not enough visible). Because of that - received such letter. Well, i earn something between 60 and 100 per full working day, 8 hours, so i have refused to pay such scam. (Yes, im deeply believe, that this is actually true scam, legalized one). So i have ignored these requests to pay.
    Few weeks ago i have received a letter from debt reckvery plus with charge £160. I have ignored it. Today i have received another letter, reminder, with threats of court, of course. So, here comes my question.

Am i a dumbass and would regret ignoring these letters? Or i am right and can keep ignoring them?
    What is correct approach? Can i cancel/avoid/ignore paying for this parking scam/trap? Or better comply and pay?

Best wishes,
    victim of parking scam
    You can safely ignore (& file) anything from DRP, or any other debt collectors.
    All of them.
    They have absolutely no locus standi in relation to the alleged debt, so no enforcement rights.
    If/when you receive a 'letter before claim' (or similar wording), or have received one, from either the parking company themselves, or their legal representative, post back here on this same thread.
    Meanwhile, post a redacted copy of the original postal Notice to Keeper (front & rear), the windscreen pcn if applicable, plus clear photos of the site signs.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X