• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

School street restriction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School street restriction

Hi, I just turned into a school street when I shouldn’t have as I was in the road at 9.10am,restrictions where from 8.45 (I think) to 9.20am but my question is the signs that had the restriction times on it where like 50yrds up the street that I turned into so I quickly turned around and did not pass the signs, am I still looking at pcn, the main road I was on before I turned into the road did have signs telling me the restrictions as I just went back and had a look . Thanks
    Tags: None

Someone must have a little knowledge on this surely?

Comment

Have you received a PCN?

I doubt you have a defence as you state: " the main road ..... did have signs telling me the restrictions "
      However were the signs easily visible/legible/properly installed? If not you might have a chance.

Comment

Thanks for replying no I haven’t received a PCN and I won’t (I hope) because i literally just went up the road and looked at the back of the sign and it says “pedestrian and cycle zone ends” as I said in my 1st post I turned around before I passed the sign, so I’m hoping where I turned around that bit of road was not part of the restrictions if that makes sense ? Cheers .

Comment

Quite possible you won't receive one.
          will depend on whether or not the location was monitored by functioning ANPR cameras

Comment

Also on the back of the sign it has a greyish white circle with a car and a motorbike with 5 black lines going across it, I’m surely in the clear as that to my understanding means “restrictions end” !? Cheers.

Comment

More than likely you did not enter the restricted zone

Comment

Yeaa must be. Thanks for the help mate.

Comment

Such issues are determined by te extent of controlled roadway as defined in a TRO (Traffc Regulation Order). The application of the TRO is governed by the road markings as pointed to by the signs.

Comment

DSLIPPY…….don’t stress me out, is that comment good news or bad news? Lol

Comment

Whether the news is good or bad depends on the signs and markings at the particular location!

(lol)
                      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X