• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not Recd in 14 Days - PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Recd in 14 Days - PCN

Hello,

I've today received a 'Final Notification Letter' parking charge notice from Euro Car Parks. This is the first letter that I have received from Euro Car Parks - even though the letter implies they've sent one previously offering a "discounted amount".

Am I right in thinking that this is a breach of the process - as they should have sent a letter within 14 days?
    How can I prove that I've not received it, or is the owness on them?
    What's the likelihood of being able to win an appeal on this basis? I think it's very unfair that a discount was offered on a letter I didn't receive!

Update 14/23 - sorry might be worth noting that there was no windscreen ticket, have just received the letter.

I've searched on these forums and come across the below template letter from ostell in another thread. Is this the right template to use?

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper No. xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

I've also attached redacted copies of the notice, in case anyone can spot any mistakes?

Really appreciate any support that can be given on this.

Cheers

(Because I'm a new user on the forum, I don't have permissions to attach files. I've uploaded them to img.bb, links below)

https://i.ibb.co/y0MrCCP/PCN1.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/yh3ykV2/PCN2.jpg
    Last edited by lj1800a; 14th March 2023, 19:34:PM.
    Tags: None

A final (reminder) notice is of little use, tbh.
    We need to see the original postal Notice to Keeper. (NtK)
    It may be that the one you posted is such an NtK.
    How sure are you that a windscreen pcn was not issued?
    Have you checked the online photos?
    To cross 'i's & dot 't's, do you live in England/Wales? Is it a hire or lease vehicle? Company vehicle? Are you the registered keeper?
    You've redacted the location....any particular reason for doing so?
    Hold fire with that template appeal for now.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      A final (reminder) notice is of little use, tbh.
      We need to see the original postal Notice to Keeper. (NtK)
      It may be that the one you posted is such an NtK.
      How sure are you that a windscreen pcn was not issued?
      Have you checked the online photos?
      To cross 'i's & dot 't's, do you live in England/Wales? Is it a hire or lease vehicle? Company vehicle? Are you the registered keeper?
      You've redacted the location....any particular reason for doing so?
      Hold fire with that template appeal for now.
      Hi charitynjw
      Many thanks for your reply.

This is the only letter that I've received regarding the parking notice (which is kinda one of my points). So I don't have any other NTK or letter to upload. Not sure if they've not sent it, or it's been lost by RM or what?

Confident no windscreen PCN, as the car park is a supermarket car park, is unmanned, and the driver is confident that nothing was left on the windscreen.

Regarding photos, I'm not sure they are available to access? When I read up on it, it says that they will pass the photos to solicitors and not to members of the public?

Live in England. No, owned vehicle. Yes to being registered keeper.

Regarding location - no, no reason, I just thought it was one of the things that should be redacted - in case any prying eyes were on the forum from ECP. The location is 'Church Farm - Warrington' - It's the car park for an ALDI store.

Will hold fire!

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by lj1800a View Post

Hi charitynjw
        Many thanks for your reply.

This is the only letter that I've received regarding the parking notice (which is kinda one of my points). So I don't have any other NTK or letter to upload. Not sure if they've not sent it, or it's been lost by RM or what?

Confident no windscreen PCN, as the car park is a supermarket car park, is unmanned, and the driver is confident that nothing was left on the windscreen.

Regarding photos, I'm not sure they are available to access? When I read up on it, it says that they will pass the photos to solicitors and not to members of the public?

Live in England. No, owned vehicle. Yes to being registered keeper.

Regarding location - no, no reason, I just thought it was one of the things that should be redacted - in case any prying eyes were on the forum from ECP. The location is 'Church Farm - Warrington' - It's the car park for an ALDI store.

Will hold fire!

Thanks so much for your help!
        In which case send that template appeal.
        Have you tried to see whether Aldi will intervene & get the pcn cancelled?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks charitynjw - will send that appeal template. Will let you know how I get on.

Have emailed ALDI but nothing back as yet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X