• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET PARKING McDonald’s (paid food) FAILURE TO VALIDATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET PARKING McDonald’s (paid food) FAILURE TO VALIDATE

Hi there I've appealed for McDonald's Gatwick; I've paid for the restaurant at the time I went thru the barrier. I've just been sent a parking charge for no reasons of wrong I've done. It's absolutely ridiculous. I've attached a pdf that I've went to the restaurant and purchased and got food from it then exited. While I was exiting, I scanned the ticket to my exit but the machine was not working properly and I pushed the customer assistance line button in hoping you guys would help and open the barrier and they did not come to the line so therefore the machine just by itself opened the exit barrier leading to my exit. This is by far means not my problem if your system was not working and it automatically opened the exit barrier when I pressed the customer service line. Also, to that, I've paid to the restaurant and bought something from them and have attached proof regarding that, if I did not buy anything from there then you can absolutely charge me but in this case, you can't charge me as I have full rights to this. I called customer service and they said to reappeal and you should help work with this as not my fault. If it's still not removed the fine. I want yourself to take this court and I'll see yourself in court as it's absolutely unbelievable and terrific that I've bought from the restaurant itself and you guys want too unlawfully charge me and I know by far I would win this case as I've got rights and purchase proof.
    I’ve wrote this statement however met parking rejected I don’t know where to appeal next now? Tried popla but no reference my first time appeal as it’s not fair! for unvalidated parking stay as no one knows to validate stay at restaurant?? please guys help me! Thanks
    Tags: None

What pdf?
    Post up the Notice you've received, front & rear, redact personal info but leave all times & dates visible.
    A legible photo of the site signage t&c's would be helpful as well.*
    Oh, & the pdf?
    Have you tried to see if McD's Gatwick will assist?
    You may have shot yourself in the foot, though.
    The smart money says that you shouldn't ID the driver.....even by implication.

*Stock picture

Last edited by charitynjw; 7th March 2023, 05:33:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi yes unfortunately I ain’t got pic of the area or signage by any chance as I ain’t from the area. Right now it’s been given to recovery debt recovery, but here are the previous letters ,, and appeal failure letter from met parking. It’s really horrible and unfair! Never make appeal just my first appeal as it’s not right justice
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MerdyMak View Post
        Hi yes unfortunately I ain’t got pic of the area or signage by any chance as I ain’t from the area. Right now it’s been given to recovery debt recovery, but here are the previous letters ,, and appeal failure letter from met parking. It’s really horrible and unfair! Never make appeal just my first appeal as it’s not right justice
        The barrier must have raised, or been raised by someone.
        Presumably that could be prima facie evidence of your stay being validated
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

The barrier must have raised, or been raised by someone.
          Presumably that could be prima facie evidence of your stay being validated
          The MET letter indicates it was the OP that opened the barrier using the appropriate button as they couldn’t use their ticket because they hadn’t validated it:

The signs also state pressing the button to raise the exit barrier may lead to a charge being issued. When you left the car park you acknowledged that you had not validated your stay and confirmed you were parked without authorisation by pressing the button to raise the barrier instead of using a validated ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Huxie View Post

The MET letter indicates it was the OP that opened the barrier using the appropriate button as they couldn’t use their ticket because they hadn’t validated it:

Without more, I guess it's one person's word against the other.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X