• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dcb legal ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcb legal ltd

Hello all, I’ve received a claim from from DCB legal LTD about a car parking charge I received 06/06/2020 on a financed vehicle. There used to be conditions with the business park that BMW workers could park in the car park and then we ended up getting fines. I’ve ignored it ever since and made no correspondence however I have received this letter in the post and now after advice, quickly if possible!
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Carpylb1503 View Post
    Hello all, I’ve received a claim from from DCB legal LTD about a car parking charge I received 06/06/2020 on a financed vehicle. There used to be conditions with the business park that BMW workers could park in the car park and then we ended up getting fines. I’ve ignored it ever since and made no correspondence however I have received this letter in the post and now after advice, quickly if possible!
    A letter before claim, or an actual county court claim?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello, sorry for the delayed response! It’s an actual county court claim from Northampton.

Comment

Hello, sorry for the delayed response! It’s an actual county court claim from Northampton.
        Post it on here.
        Redact personal info & password.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D403909-1A5E-494F-9485-E05C514DF6FC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1638729

Comment

Hello this is the letter I received. Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing from you as I’m slightly concerned and need to get it sorted asap.

Comment

You have 19 days from the claim issue date to acknowledge per the court pack guidance.
              No sense in delaying. There's no advantage to you in doing so.
              There's also a guide in the 'Shortcuts' panel, top r/h/s of this page.
              What happened regarding the pre litigation protocol response pack/letter before claim?

Btw, I don't 'do' stuff via PM....best to keep it on your thread.
              You'll get much more help that way.
              Last edited by charitynjw; 22nd February 2023, 19:01:PM.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hello, I received a letter before claim but was advised by someone to ignore it until I received a court claim letter. Sorry for the pm just slightly worried as not sure what I’m doing and need the advice.

Comment

The pre action protocol is important; failure to engage could lead to sanctions further down the line.
                  Acknowledge the court claim, then come back for next steps.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I’ve acknowledged but what do I do now? How do I know I have a strong defence to clear this? Doesn’t sound promising that I will get this written off and go on about my day. What do you suggest?

Comment

Don't you think it might help your defence if you were to obtain evidence?
                      You say it's a financed vehicle.
                      Could you clarify?
                      Btw, where are you domiciled?
                      What has happened to all the pre litigation communications? (There will have been an awful lot).
                      Have you taken photos of the parking site, especially the signs which display terms & conditions? (If not, do so asap).
                      Last edited by charitynjw; 23rd February 2023, 01:28:AM.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for the advice but due to lack of knowledge on how this works I’m going to suck it up and just pay the costs. Don’t want the risk of getting a CCJ.

Comment

Will I have a change of costs if I state this was sent to an address I haven’t resided at since 2020?

Comment

Will I have a change of costs if I state this was sent to an address I haven’t resided at since 2020?
                            Sorry, I don't understand your question?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for the advice but due to lack of knowledge on how this works I’m going to suck it up and just pay the costs. Don’t want the risk of getting a CCJ.
                              Why?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X