• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt recovery plus letter for unpaid parking charge notice that we never received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt recovery plus letter for unpaid parking charge notice that we never received

Hi everyone. I am looking for advice regarding this matter.
    I read other similar thread but want to ensure I do the right thing.
    So we received letter from "Debt Recovery Plus" demand for payment of unpaid penalty notice asking for £170 or they will recommend court action.
    according to the details it for parking from 19/11/22. We never received the penalty notice . not on the windscreen or through the post and we were very surprise to receive this letter.
    from reading other thread i understand the first advice is not to contact DRP- advice taken.
    Do i need to write first to "smart parking" or to APCOA parking?

Thank you for your help
    Tags: None

Who are Debt recovery Plus working for, Smart parking or APOCA?
    You send a SAR (template in SHORTCUTS panel on right of this page)n to Smart Parking or APOCA depending on answer to above
    Send first class with free certificate of post from post Office

Ignore Debt Recovery Plus for the moment They are only debt collectors and have to refer back to Smart Parking or APcoa before doing anything
    Last edited by des8; 5th February 2023, 22:32:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      You send a SAR (template in SHORTCUTS panel on right of this page)n to Smart Parking or APOCA depending on answer to above

Ignore Debt Recovery Plus for the moment They are only debt collectors and have to refer back to Smart Parking or APcoa before doing anything
      Thank you for your help.
      on the letter its written the Creditor is APCOA Parking so i will sent the SAR to APCOA. can i send it also by email or best just by first class with free certificate of post?
      Thanks again

Comment

email is OK but tell them you are also sending hard copy by mail (it is not unknown for emails not to arrive)

Comment

Where was the alleged contravention?
          ignorantia juris non excusat

Comment

Originally posted by JMcG View Post
            Where was the alleged contravention?
            It was at a train station car park

Comment

Hi,

In the template there is this- [ if there are specific things you want to know put them in here otherwise remove this]- do i need to ask here specifically for the original parking notice with its notice no.?

Comment

It shouldn't be necessary to ask for it, but won't do any harm

Comment

Originally posted by superfr View Post

It was at a train station car park
                  des8 Railway byelaws?

Comment

Aye, not "relevant land" as will be subject to railway byelaws
                    This means APCOA cannot shift liability from driver to keeper under POFA 2012

Comment

Aye, not "relevant land" as will be subject to railway byelaws
                      This means APCOA cannot shift liability from driver to keeper under POFA 2012
                      The problem, of course, is proving it.

Comment

email is OK but tell them you are also sending hard copy by mail (it is not unknown for emails not to arrive)
                        UPDATE! in reply to the email i sent yesterday they sent me this document to fill (see attached) . is is ok to send them proof of ID?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Contradiction between APCOA Parking Ireland Ltd in the declaration & return address APCOA Parking UK Ltd

Comment

It's a damn cheek, imho.
                            They can see their way clear to send out Notices etc & even sic debt firms on you, but ask for your data as is your legal right & they hide behind DPA.
                            But not sending ID will probably just hold up proceedings'
                            I would just email them a copy of the V5C or 2 utility bills & remind them that there is no legal requirement to use their p*xy form.
                            I would also remind them that 'high level' proof of ID (passport etc) is not recommended by the ICO.
                            Last edited by JMcG; 8th February 2023, 13:20:PM.

Comment

They are entitled to ask for proof of identity (not sure how birth certificate provides that!) so if you want a copy of the details they hold .........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X