• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Multiple parking eye tickets (some beyond 14 days)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple parking eye tickets (some beyond 14 days)

Hi everyone, I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you can help.

We tried to pay on the machine in the car park but it didn’t display the car and I thought that due to not knowing how long i had parked I would not pay as if I hadn’t paid enough I would get a ticket anyway.

so far I have multiple tickets, I’ve paid one, ones due to be paid soon and then I have these 2 I’m posting here.

ticket 1:
    day of event 21/12/22
    date of issue 31/12/22
    Date I actually received the notice 7/1/22

ticket 2
    date of event 22/12/22
    date or issue 30/12/22
    date I actually received the notice. 7/12/22

I would like to appeal these two as they are outside the 14 day period.

any help much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Unfortunately for you it seems both tickets were issued so that it can be presumed they were delivered within the 14 days required by PoFA 2012.

However if you can PROVE they were delivered late you may have a defence.

You might even have a defence if you can show you attempted to pay but the machine was faulty

Comment

des8

would it not be fair to say that with one posted on the Friday the 30th and one on the 31st of December and due to that been the weekend and then Monday a bank holiday that they would potentially arrive late? Especially with the extra volume in the post due to the weekend and bank holiday.

if they came on time I’d pay them, I’ve already paid one and I’m going to pay the other but I don’t feel I should pay these as they arrived late.

Comment

Unfortunately fairness does not enter into the equation.
        The law is quite explicit:
        "A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales."

So incident date 21/12 NTK must be delivered by 4/1
        NTK issued 31/12 (ignore bank holidays 1/1 & 2/1) presumed delivered 4/1

incident date 22/12 NTK must be delivered by 5/1
        NTK issued 30/12 (ignore Sunday 31/12 & bank holidays 1/1 & 2/1) presumed delivered 4/1

Parking Eye NTKs are rarely faulty

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X