• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Heathrow Airport Parking Charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heathrow Airport Parking Charge?

Incident date 15th December 2022. My daughter was admitted to a hospice. Her aunt (my sister) visited her from Italy. After the visit, I dropped my sister off at Heathrow terminal 5 kerbside. Tragic times for us and not on full alert but as far as I remember, I did not go through any barriers. I did not see any signs. I did not see a parking ticket machine. Today, someone asked me if I had paid the parking charge? What parking? Daughter was a disabled badge holder. I may have been sent a fine to my home address but I have not been home. I tried to ring the official number 0333 200 7459 but after 30 minutes I gave up waiting for call to be answered. If I have been fined, how will I know? Looked on the website just now and it seems as if booking in advance is the correct procedure, but how is one to know to do it if they are not aware that they have to do it? Not much enthusiasm for a fight, but thought I'd run it by this forum. All responses welcome and thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

having just collected someone from Heathrow T5 today, I would find it hard to miss the numerous signs.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

wait and see what came in the post. presumably you will be returning home sometime
      no point in trying to anticipate

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        having just collected someone from Heathrow T5 today, I would find it hard to miss the numerous signs.
        Having tragedy land on my doorstep, I am struggling to connect with everyday situations. So, I will just pay the fine. Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X