• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCR from NCP transfer of liability question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCR from NCP transfer of liability question

I lease my car and have received from my lease company a covering letter enclosed with a parking charge notice to keeper stating a parking offence that occurred in October (fee to park wasn’t paid by driver). The date of the notice was sent over 14 days after the offence. The car park uses ANPR and a windscreen ticket was not issued.

i have submitted an appeal using a letter that I found on here saying that liability couldn’t be transferred to me because the notice was issued over the 14 days allowed. Also that I was under no obligation to inform them of the driver at time
    of offence and that I wouldn’t be naming the driver. The day after the appeal was sent I received a parking charge notice to hirer addressed to me personally.

I am unsure as to whether they have sent me this as a result of my appeal or it’s just the normal process and I would have received had I appealed or not.

Shall I await NCP decision and did I go down the right route of quoting that they didn’t deliver the notice within the relevant 14 day period to transfer liability from the driver to me the keeper??

thanks for any help or reassurance.

Tags: None

You were correct in that the notice was not complying with PoFA 2012 sec13 (1) (b).

However as you have now received a notice to hirer, you need to respond to it.
    Besides the out of time failure are there other non compliances with section 14 (check in particular the documents that should be include with the notice)

Comment

When I go onto the NCP website it will not let me appeal as I have already appealed. How should I respond to the notice to hirer??

Comment

Des8 thanks for all you help but reading through the POFA is like reading something in another language to me!!

The only “official” letter I have received from NCP is the “notice to hirer”. I received a letter from my car lease company with an enclosed photocopy of the “notice to keeper”.

i used the details on the photocopy of the “notice to keeper” to appeal.

The “notice to hirer” states date of incident 15/10/2022 and date of sending this notice 18/11/2022.

NCP have sent me no other correspondence.

im unsure as how to proceed??

Comment

NCP haven’t sent me an original copy of notice to keeper

Comment

Do they not include a postal address onthe Notice to Hirer?

Comment

Just received an email from NCP. Having considered the content of my letter the notice has been cancelled. Happy days. Thank you Des8.

There is no postal address on the notice to hirer. But I needn’t worry now as the appeal has gone in my favour. Bit naughty though if I wanted to appeal by post and not online!!

thanks for your help x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X