• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - over 14 days notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - over 14 days notice

Hey,

I have received a Parking Charge Notice today 7/10/22 for an alleged offence that took place on 7/9/22, ‘arrival 15:58, depart 16:13. As the Letter is dated for 30/9/22, over 14 days since the offence and was received 30 days after can this be appealed? There was nothing physical left on the vehicle as I was in it.

Please see the redacted letter attached.
    Tags: None

Letter attached
    Attached Files

Comment

So write to them pointing out that to transfer liability from the driver to the registered keeper they need to ensure the NTK is received by the keeper within 14 days of the alleged incident. As this PCN was not issued until 23 days after the alleged incident liability cannot be transferred.
      This is as PoFA 2015 schedule 4 para 9 (4) & (5)
      Remind them that you are under no obligation to supply the driver's name and address and will not be doing so.

Tell them you do not expect to hear from them again except to confirm they have removed your details from their database.

Send first class post with free certificate of posting from PO

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Send first class post with a free certificate of posting

edit post one so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred

They have also failed to comply with 9 (2) (e) and 9 (2) (f) which will he,p on your POPLA appeal

Comment

Did you send this as an appeal or just sent letter to Head Office pls

Comment

Hi All,
            Thank you for the replies. I have since received the following 2 letters about this PCN. Can you please advise of a response if any?
            Attached Files

Comment

please see the letter i originally sent to them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Can you clarify please if the vehicle belongs and is registered to you, or was a hired vehicle?

Comment

This is my vehicle.
                  I have since received a debt recovery letter.
                  This is response i sent to them originally.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Albierose26 View Post
                    Did you send this as an appeal or just sent letter to Head Office pls
                    This was sent to the PO box address listed on the letter. I have proof of postage for this too.

Comment

Responding to my query (post 8 Can you clarify please if the vehicle belongs and is registered to you, or was a hired vehicle?) you stated in post 9 "This is my vehicle.".
                      Do you know why Workflow Dynamics head their letter of 22nd December 2022 "Notice to hirer" and in the letter suggest the vehicle is registered to someone else and that you are the hirer?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                        Responding to my query (post 8 Can you clarify please if the vehicle belongs and is registered to you, or was a hired vehicle?) you stated in post 9 "This is my vehicle.".
                        Do you know why Workflow Dynamics head their letter of 22nd December 2022 "Notice to hirer" and in the letter suggest the vehicle is registered to someone else and that you are the hirer?
                        Not a clue why. The car is most definitely mine

Comment

So i would be writing to Trace along the lines of:

The Notice to Keeper dated 30 Sept 2022 No XXXXXX issued by WorkFlowD was replied to on 10th October by the registered keeper.
                          Workflows letter of 22 December 2022 is a nonsense as the vehicle is not a hired vehicle.
                          Accordingly I suggest you return the matter to your client and instruct them that fundamental dishonesty is frowned upon by the courts.
                          You can verify the truth of my statement by reference to the DVLA records

I do not expect to hear from you again except to confirm you have removed my details from your data base.
                          Any further communications will be ignored but will be considered harassment and reported to the regulatory authorities. .

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                            So i would be writing to Trace along the lines of:

The Notice to Keeper dated 30 Sept 2022 No XXXXXX issued by WorkFlowD was replied to on 10th October by the registered keeper.
                            Workflows letter of 22 December 2022 is a nonsense as the vehicle is not a hired vehicle.
                            Accordingly I suggest you return the matter to your client and instruct them that fundamental dishonesty is frowned upon by the courts.
                            You can verify the truth of my statement by reference to the DVLA records

I do not expect to hear from you again except to confirm you have removed my details from your data base.
                            Any further communications will be ignored but will be considered harassment and reported to the regulatory authorities. .
                            Thank you, i will send this straight away. Shall i respond to Work flow too also?

Comment

I wouldn't bother, but if it makes you feel better why not?
                              It will give them something to do

Make sure you do not identify the driver

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X