• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN received 3 months later?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN received 3 months later?

I have received a parking charge notice from April 30th today from my local train station. Any advice on whether or not it would still be valid? Is it worth appealing? They have photos of my car and entry exit times etc. but from the photos I can’t see any concrete proof that I’m in a taxi rank as they claim.
    Last edited by Fordfiesta97; 8th August 2022, 13:52:PM.
    Tags: None

Let's see the PCN you received, suitably redacted but leave dates.. Use imgur and post a link on here.

Is the site subject to byelaws?

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be determined.

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/Nieb6cb
      Thanks for heads up, these are the photos, and as far as byelaws I don’t know. It’s a public train station if that’s any help

Comment

Keep editing.

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

The car park appears to be not relevant land as defined by paragraph 3 of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012, being subject to local byelaw control. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

Even if it were relevant land then you have failed to give the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as required by 9 (4) of the same act

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

They will reject but POPLA will be your friend.

Comment

So would I just send the same statement to POPLA? What are the chances they’ll take my side?

Comment

You throw everything at POPLA. Any other POFA fails

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X