• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice to keeper received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice to keeper received

sip parking ltd notice to keeper

Today, 18:17:PM
    Good evening everyone. I would appreciate any advice re this situation.
    Notice to keeper received within 14 days of alleged parking issue
    I am the keeper but was not the driver
    The driver went to the machine and purchased the ticket - I watched them and saw the ticket purchased
    The coin used had to be put into the machine twice before a ticket printed
    The ticket was displayed
    The ticket has been thrown away

Is my next move
    a) decline to name driver (they say they reserve the right to recover the parking charge from me as keeper)
    b) explain the above
    c) tell them their machine must be faulty

any other advice?
    I am angry that the driver did purchase and display a ticket but has still received this notice...

many thanks!
    Tags: None

Also - a witness is available who saw the money deposited and the ticket on display.
    ostell I would be grateful for any thoughts thank you

Comment

Des-8 - I have moved your reply here thank you

Have you checked the notice complies with all the requirements of PoFA 2012 Schedule 4? ostell might have other questions

I believe the notice does comply with schedule 4

Comment

If this goes to court you are likely to have to name the person who paid for the ticket, as a witness statement by that person will be useful.

Is there any possibility that the vehicle was parked for a longer period than had been paid for?

As to whether the machine is faulty, it did (eventually) produce a ticket, so that cannot be the issue.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you Atticus. It was £2 all day parking and £2 was paid with a £2 coin which was reinserted a couple of times before being accepted and a ticket was issued with the correct registration. The driver parked for about 2 hours. It is a carpark all those insured to drive the car use regularly and always buy tickets. This occasion was no different.

Comment

Post up the PCN, front and reverse.

Comment

thank you for looking at this!
              Attached Files

Comment

Would sending a SAR garnish any potential proof? you have the time and date. Might be worth sending off.

Comment

Thanks Echat - thank you for the suggestion - I am unsure of what more they can send me? The car was parked and the driver paid. Clearly the machine does not match up with the camera so has somehow not recorded the payment though a ticket was issued. If I send an SAR are they obliged to put things on hold?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                    Thanks Echat - thank you for the suggestion - I am unsure of what more they can send me? The car was parked and the driver paid. Clearly the machine does not match up with the camera so has somehow not recorded the payment though a ticket was issued. If I send an SAR are they obliged to put things on hold?
                    You say that the car registration number was entered into the machine, if so then the owner can send a SAR, requesting data from that machine as you have the time and date. That would show payment had been made.

Comment

They have complied with POFA, apart from you deleted the dates so cant't check.

Comment

thanks Ostell - the letter was received about 8 days after the alleged parking incident

Comment

I have sent an SAR and explained that the driver bought a ticket and there is a witness - let's see what happens next!

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                            I have sent an SAR and explained that the driver bought a ticket and there is a witness - let's see what happens next!
                            The company is saying the PCN is based on factual details, you're SAR is saying give me those factual details.

Comment

Thank you Ecaht - yes great suggestion. I have asked for all info from the machine linked to the vehicle of which I am the keeper and any other info they have on me (the keeper) or the vehicle. Thanks again and I will update if I hear anything further.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X