• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN for loading- private company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN for loading- private company

Hello,
    I received a PCN from a private company because I was loading a large heavy item into my home. A ticket person took pictures of my car within the 30 seconds I was inside and I was notified by post a week later. They claimed that I was not parked in the marked bay. I claimed I was not parking but loading a large heavy item and it could not have reasonably happened elsewhere. The pictures they took also showed my car with hazard lights on. If I was to load outside of the zone I would have to walk ten minutes which would be impossible with a very large and heavy item.

My appeal was rejected because they have said that loading is still parking because my vehicle was stationary and breached their terms and conditions. There are no signs that say no loading or any loading bays nearby, but they’ve claimed that loading breaches their terms because it’s still parking. They’ve also said that it works differently because the land is considered as private.

I plan to make a second appeal to the IAS. What should I say to them and is what they are saying legally true?
    Tags: None

Forget about the IAS, they will reject as well.

There is a case, and I can't remember the details, where the court agreed that stopping to load/unload at the entrance was not parking and OK.

Put your problem in the Pepipoo private parking forum and you might get an answer.

Found it: Jopson v Homeguard. Matches you exactly. CM14P02455/CH13P02050 (wsimg.com)

Comment

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/wp-...J-Approved.pdf

Comment

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am going to cite Jopson v Homeguard case for my appeal. I registered an account with Pepipoo however it will not allow me to make a post. I will let you know how I get on with my second appeal.

Comment

Just to let you know that I made an appeal to IAS, cited Jopson v Holmes and said that I will be referring to this case if it goes to court. My second appeal was accepted by the PCN company:

Thank you for your appeal. Due to further information _______ has confirmed they will no longer be pursuing the matter and the parking charge has been cancelled.

It would not have happened without your knowledge on Jopson v Holmes. I really appreciate your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X