• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Gladstones on behalf of UK Car Park Management LImited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Gladstones on behalf of UK Car Park Management LImited

A few years back I parked my partner's car in a spot across from property owned by someone who had parking restrictions put up by UK Car Park Management Limited. That area at the time did not have any markings and we received a notice and did not pay it as it was never taken any further. I note that we parked there on Good Friday to go to mass at church and I have parked there numerous times before when going to church on a Sunday and have never received a fine. Now we have received a letter from Gladstones stating we own UK Car Park Management Limited £170. I remember looking up the pictures they have taken of the car and it clearly shows that the car is parked in a bay that is not marked and the UK Car Park Management sign is for the property across the road. The area that I parked in a few years ago is now not even a parking space and has been chained off. What steps do I need to take to ensure that this does not go further as there was no proof at the time that the bay I parked in had any restrictions whatsoever. Any advice appreciated. The entire area looks a lot different now. The letter also states that they sent a Letter before Claim dated April 15th 2022 but no such letter was ever received.
    Tags: None

Would the first step be to answer Gladstones via email asking for more information about the the letter and alleged parking violation? Can I ask Gladstones for more information using the 31.14 form or can I simply send a reply asking them to provide more information about the alleged parking violation and to inform them that no earlier correspondence from Gladstones or UK Car Park Management has been received in the past. Rather unfair of them to make such a statement. I have not sent any correspondence in regards to this matter in the past to Gladstones or UK Car Park Management. Many thanks for any responses to this.Oh and very important to mention-the landowner did not suffer any financial loss as a result of my actions.
    Last edited by Spider2021; 5th June 2022, 22:49:PM.

Comment

This is the letter and as mentioned before no Letter Before Claim has been received in the past. I was wondering what my options are in this instance as it is unclear as to what specific parking violation this is about.

There is an email address that they provide on the back of the letter to send correspondence to so I plan:

1) Inform them that I have no idea about what this £170 fine is about as I have not received any correspondence about it on the date mentioned in the letter from Gladstones or Car Park Management Limited. I would ask them to provide all the relevant documentation pertaining to this matter. That would include the following:

a) I have not received a Letter Before Claim and thus could not submit a response. I do not understand their position in this matter as the amount of information provided is insufficient to allow for a response.

b) No means of settling this matter through an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) was offered at any time.

More questions:Can I ask for POPLA/IAS to be involved and is that prudent as I believe I have read that Car Park Management Limited and IAS are run by the same party and that makes any judgement impartial?

Can I ask : What are the terms of contract?
      What exactly is the charge for? Breakdown of charge?
      Location and date of charge? When and where did the alleged event take place?
      Is the charge for (a) trespass, (b)breach or a (c) contractual charge?
      Is keeper liability under the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012, sch 4 being invoke d or the driver?
      Are they pursuing this as (a) agent of the landowner, or as (b) principal?

Since this has not gone to court as of yet do I have the right to ask for all the information using the CPR 31.14 claim form? Or should I just send the aforementioned response to Gladstones via email? The CPR 31.14 is used only for those cases that have already been submitted to the courts?

Again any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Copy of the letter :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gladstones.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1617203

This seems a bit strange as I did not think a letter could be signed Gladstones Solicitors but had to be an actual human being? Is there a chance that someone has changed their name to Gladstones Solicitors as their legal name? (I bet someone on here would know about that). Just an interesting afterthought.

Attached Files

Comment

No comments from anyone?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X