• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice issued after 14 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice issued after 14 days

New here and looking for a bit of advice. I found a post on Citizens Advice about a PCN needs to have been issued within 14 days of the infringement if the letter contains "Protection of Freedoms Act"

I went to a car park last month and all the parking machines were out of order meaning I was completely unable to pay. I had a brief look at several other cars and none of them had any tickets on the dashboard / window either. I also noticed one of the big P signs had grey paint strewn across it (like when an exit on a motorway is gonna be closed for quite some time so they put grey paint on the sign to say it's closed) ... I honestly believed the fact that all the parking machines had bags over them and there was this sign that had been greyed out meant that parking charges weren't currently in effect.

I've today received a PCN in the post, 1 day short of a month of the infringement! The infringement happened on 27/03/22 and the PCN is dated 14/04/22 and I only got it today.

On the back of the letter, the words "Protection of Freedoms Act" is mentioned. Does that mean that I can appeal this PCN based on them not sending the notice within 14 days? I've tried to attach photos of the letter but it says I'm not authorised (probably due to being a new member)
    Tags: None

The POFA only applies if they do not know who the driver was. If you appeal, you will have to tell them who drove the vehicle and that in itself would remove POFA from the equation.

Does the parking charge notice comply with the other aspects of POFA?
    I wouldnt be telling them who was driving, especially fi they havent complied with POFA then they could be in real trouble
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

It just states they're sending me the letter as I am the registered keeper, I was also the driver as well if that helps? Not really sure how it all works as I've not had any parking tickets before. I haven't spoken to them or appealed it yet so as of right now, they are just asking me to pay or inform them of who the driver is.

Comment

So you were told not go identify the driver but you continue to do so. Edit all your posts.

Pist up the redacted PCN, leaving dates. Use hosting site such as imgur

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X