• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview Parking Notice After 3 Months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highview Parking Notice After 3 Months

Hey all,

Hope someone can help

I received a parking fine in the post from Highview Parking on the 27/03/22 for my car which went over the 2 hour allocated time on the 12/11/2022 by 26 minutes. I tried to plea with them to cancel the fine as my father had died (Causing me to overstay) but they asked for the drivers details (Which I gave them hoping they would understand my situation) and was told the fine is still to be issued. On the fine letter they say they are part of the "Data Protection Act" so I informed them that must issue the fine in the post within 14 days but not sure if this is the same as the "‘Protection of Freedoms Act". The claim they have 7 months to issue the fine.

Any advice would be seriously appreciated.

Tags: None

Good luck with the solution!
    Last edited by Freedom2022; 23rd April 2022, 18:09:PM.

Comment

As the driver has been identified then the Protection of Freedoms Act does not protect you. The 14 days only applies if they claim from the registered keeper without knowing the driver.

It is not a fine, it is an invoice so no time limit, though their Code of practise limits them to a reduced time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X