• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missed 14 day discount period while away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed 14 day discount period while away

Hello,

I've recieved a parking ticket for 3rd of March, which was issued on 10th of March as per the PCN. I went on leave to another city on the 11th of March and have returned this morning, 26th of March, to find the letter (which was definitely not in my post box on 10th of March). When I go on the payment link, it states I now owe £100 instead of the discounted £60 which would have been the amount had I paid within 14 days. Have I got any grounds here to request it be reduced to £60 as I was away?
    Tags: None

you have grounds to ask, but not to insist.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Do you have grounds to challenge the validity of the parking charge ie have the company complied with all the terms of POFA 2012?
      was the signage at the car park capable of forming a contract?

Comment

I am definitely in the wrong to have parked for 3 hours instead of the allowance of 2 hours. However, given that I hadn't recieved this letter on 10th March itself, I can't tell for sure when it came through my post box. I suspect I missed it literally by a day on both ends of the 14 days. Shame

Comment

So you overstayed your welcome1
          However the parking signage needs to be correct, and the PCN sent to you has to comply with POFA 2012 schedule 4.if the company is to enforce its charge
          Some parking companies often get it wrong, others like Parking Eye tend to get it right!

If you are outside the 14 day discount period the chances of having it reinstated are virtually nil

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X