• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NTK received - Faulty digital parking meter wouldn't process/accept bank cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTK received - Faulty digital parking meter wouldn't process/accept bank cards

I would appreciate advice on the following questions.
    In a small local retail outlet, a single, newly installed digital parking ticket machine, which accepts cards but not cash payment transactions was failing to accept/process some peoples’ bank cards causing chaos and upset and resulting in NTK invoices. Some people have posted online that they have managed to contact them, on the given phone no, and had their NTK cancelled. I've found this number is now blocked with a recorded message saying, ‘there is no-one here to take calls’.

1) Does the result of this machine failure, and lack of a cash payment alternative, mean that there could be no contract with the driver? If so is the driver entitled to have the NTK cancelled and my details removed from the records?

2) Also, with the new company managing the car park, having admitted the fault by cancelling and/or repaying some people, have they created a precedent entitling others to the same result?

3) The signage states that the parking company manages the car park but it does not show the landowner’s name and details (it is not any of the retail outlets). It also fails to state whether the company has the authorisation of the landlord to enforce a contract on the driver. Does this also indicate that there was no contract for the driver to accept,

5) The managing company is Workflow Dynamics (member of BPA), they say that POPLA won't allow an appeal to them unless I submit an appeal them first. Is this correct?
    The car was parked on 21st Feb. 2022 and I received the NTK on the 10th March, It was dated the 8th.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X