• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vcs - letter before proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vcs - letter before proceedings

Hello all.

My husband and I rent a parking space through a letting agent. We have held the tenancy for over ten years. I pay by direct debit, in full and on time.
    The space is monitored by VCS ( vehicle control services) and back last year we got a PCN.
    The reason they came up with was that there was no valid permit on display.
    We have had the same car in that space for ten years. In January 2020 I bought a personalised plate as a gift so we changed the VRM. I notified the land agent.
    The car has displayed the same permit, with the old VRM with no issues while we waited for a new permit.
    I was even advised to keep displaying the permit so as not to incur a PCN.
    They also stated the permit was not clearly displayed. It was on the dash. The operator took photos which showed the permit in the window with the hologram at the bottom obscured by the diffusion panel. The operator had only to look into the car window to see the full permit. ...
    Anyway, we appealed it was of course rejected.
    I talked to the land agent who also contacted vcs and told them I had a valid permit and paid in full monthly. They were told as it had been appealed there is nothing they could do.
    we went to the IAS ( little did we know they are owned by VCS) and again it was rejected.
    Its now gone to the letter before proceeding stage.
    Frankly I am at a loss as to what they want. I pay, there is no loss incurred. The permit was on display. It was valid as confirmed by the land agent.
    Can anyone advise where their case lies and whether or not they are likely to win ?
    I have refused to pay, as I have done nothing wrong.

Thank you for reading.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X