• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Origianl PCN not received, then notice after 14 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origianl PCN not received, then notice after 14 days

Hello,

I received a postal letter on 31 December 2021 from UK Car Park Management Ltd (CPM), dated 20 December 2021. The letter states that they issued a PCN on 20 November 2021 and ask me to pay the amount of £100. The incident is: Exceeded Maximum STay Period (ANPR). The letter also states that they have received my details from the DVLA as I was the registered keeper of the vehicle specified at the time of the parking incident shown. Please find copies of the letter here (my apologies, I do not have the permission of attachment yet):
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=post&id=79341
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=post&id=79340

However, there was no windscreen notice, I did not receive the original PCN, and as I am informed after 14 days from the incident, I lost the chance to pay at a reduced rate of £60. So, I appealed through their online form to request to pay at the reduced rate. Here is the wording I sent (sorry for the poor language).
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to request reconsidering the parking charge notice (PCN), XXXXX.

According to the letter I received yesterday, 31 December 2021, the PCN is issued on 20 November 2021. I am sorry for the incident which was caused by unforeseeable circumstances. I am a law-abiding citizen, and I am willing to pay the PCN. However, there has been no notice for about a month in relation to the PCN. If I received the notice in time, then I would be eligible for the discounted fee of £60. It is not my fault that I could not pay the PCN within 14 days of the issue date, but it is due to the failure of the notice or delivery in time. I would appreciate it if you could make my PCN for the discounted fee of £60.

Thank you for your consideration.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    xxxxx

In response to my appeal, they sent a reply on 26 January 2022 via email, as follows:
    Dear xxxxx,

We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent correspondence.

A Postal PCN was sent on the 22/11/2021. You were given 14 days to pay at the reduced rate of £60.00 and failed to do so. Therefore, you are liable to pay the full amount of £100.00.

Please be advised, POFA 2012, Section 9, (6) clearly states “A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.”

To avoid incurring additional charges you are required to make the outstanding payment without delay.

Kind Regards,

Appeals Department
    UK Car Park Management Ltd

Can I do something to pay the reduced rate as if it was within the 14 days?
    I would appreciate any advice on what the next best course of action would be.

Kind regards,
    Tags: None

Try speaking with them and explaining the position. They may accept your explanation, but as you are at fault, you can only hope that they will be reasonable. It would cost a lot more to try a legal solution.

Comment

Just leave it on pepipoo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X