• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ for Parking Ticket I knew nothing about - CEL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ for Parking Ticket I knew nothing about - CEL

Hi, newbie here! I've found this site incredibly helpful so thank you to everyone who posts information on this site.

Last month I discovered I have a CCJ on my record, issued in 2019, for a parking ticket from 2018. All paperwork was sent to an address I moved out of in 2016 (following the breakdown of my marriage) so I had no knowledge of the parking ticket or CCJ until last month when a Debt Collection company contacted me at my current address.

I am due to apply for a mortgage so I am desperate to get this CCJ off of my record.

I contacted the DVLA who confirmed that my previous vehicle was registered to my old address at the time the parking ticket occurred - I must have forgotten to update DVLA when I moved, which I understand is my mistake. All correspondence would have been sent to that address.

I contacted the court last week and paid for a copy of the Judgment. This is the first time I have seen a copy of this (despite it being issued 2.5 years ago)

Yesterday I wrote to Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL) asking for them to consent to set aside the CCJ. I agreed to pay the total amount owed and the £100 court fee. (I understand that I could perhaps have fought to not pay this, however having the CCJ removed is my priority right now and I would prefer to pay the amount and have CEL consent)

CEL today agreed to consent to having the CCJ set aside providing I first pay the full amount due to the Debt Collection company. I have now done this and replied to CEL asking them to now send over their consent.

Once I receive this, my next step is to complete the N244 application form and submit it to court. This is the part I require help with please:

-> I am not sure what additional documents I need to prepare alongside the N244. I have read about a Draft Order, Draft Consent and a Witness Statement. Considering my circumstances (I have paid the fine off in full and the claimant is providing their consent), which of these additional documents do I need to prepare?

-> When completing the N244 document, should I request a hearing in person, on the phone or without a hearing? As the claimant has agreed to give their consent, and I have already paid the full amount owed, do we need a hearing?

-> I have also read that if the court agrees to Set Aside the CCJ, this isn't the end of it? I am confused about what happens after this....

Any help would be greatly received. I'd like to get this application completed within the next 6 days.

Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X