• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN, Unknown CCJ, GDPR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN, Unknown CCJ, GDPR?

Hello, would you be kind enough to advise me?

I recently discovered I have a CCJ for an unpaid parking penalty on private land. I guess all correspondence from District Enforcement and then Gladstones Solicitors went to my old address so I had no idea. I appreciate this is my failure to update my log book.

BUT I have the parking ticket! I keyed a 0 instead of an O and am aware this would be dismissed under the BPA but this company is under the IAS - which still states that ANPR should be manually verified to establish that a penalty is due.

I have asked them to set aside by consent and even to pay the £257 fine if they consent. They say the client doesn’t do consent orders.

My questions:
    1. How can I get copies or correspondence sent to my old address (I want to ensure it was actually sent).

2. Do I apply for a contested set aside and then appeal the ticket to the company and IAS (does the clock for the appeals process start again when I get a set aside?).

2. Can I make a claim under GDPR because (1) they have accessed by personal data on the DVLA database without due course given I bought a ticket snd made a well known keying error that should have been picked up by a manual check of ANPR (2) they have not taken care to collect accurate data when they allowed me to key ‘0’, given this does not exist on UK number plates.

I am interested in the GDPR angle to hit these shysters hard!

Your advice is much appreciated, thank you.
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

If they do not do set asides then a contested set aside at £255 is called for.

I do not know the process for set aside but no doubt someone will help with that.

For the data a SAR to the parking company.

A set aside returns you to the state of starting the court case again and you will not be appealing to the District Enforcement or IAS. You have a defence that you bought a ticket and still the ticket. Basically you will be expected to present a defence to the court.

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter

Set Aside Application

Comment

Thanks all. Does anyone have an opinion on my GDPR point?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X