• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Going to court on Wednesday....shall I settle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to court on Wednesday....shall I settle?

In March 2019 I was issued a PCN by Parking and Property Management for parking my car for 5 minutes. Some context:

- PPM is the enforcing agency that manages the on street parking and garage parking on private land owned by a2dominion
    - I am a resident in the property and have an assigned car bay in the garage, but I am not allowed to park in the on street bays
    - In March 2019 I parked for 5 minutes my car in front of my block of flats entrance to get my daughter upstairs as she was sick and it was windy and cold outside
    - Once I came back downstairs, I saw a PPM agent taking pics of the car, he had not glued the PCN on my windscreen yet and asked me to wait until he completed the procedure. I was stupid and I waited...
    - All appeals have been rejected and on Wed I'll be facing PPM in court. The fine was £100, they are now asking for £271.

My defence, on top of stating the above, also focuses on PPM behaviour as following this PCN they issued:

- A PCN while I was parked in my bay displaying my permit, which was subsequently cancelled but displays they are more interested in making money than helping residents with their parking
    - A PCN with their new ANPR system that incorrectly thought I was parked outside the garage while this was not true. Appeal was rejected but the landlord (a2dominion) had this cancelled for me.
    - In short, my point is that PPM is harassing residents rather than helping them manage the private parking space and has been acting unfairly.

PPM has offered to settle before Wed for £200. I have no lawyer and I am self representing myself.

What shall I do? Risk it and go to court or settle?
    Tags: None

You've left it a bit late! You were not parking you were stopping to let your daughter alight because of illness.

the are no doubt claiming excess charges. Read this and persuade the judge about a use of process : https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X