• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN notice to keeper - appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN notice to keeper - appeal

Hi

A house hold has been unlucky enough to have 2 PCN come through the post on the same day!!!!. Both registered keepers named on letters have never been in this position before so help is very much needed. From reading other post i think that this one has errors regarding keeper liability but admit dont fully understand this even though i have read lots of the posts on here and on MSE. All help and advise very gratefully received

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20210806_20_25_31_Scan_LI.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1586542
    Tags: None

Can you post up the reverse please. The front is not POFA compliant

Have a read of POFA, especially para 9 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...dule/4/enacted they have to comply with this to transfer liability to the keeper from the unknown driver

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20210807_19_56_49_Scan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1586545

Comment

I have now re-read the reverse with a calm head and think it might be compliant ????

Comment

The only thing missing seems to be period of parking.

What was the signage like?

Comment

I understand that it was not clear, next to a b&q car park which is clearly marked 3hrs max. Someone else was parked at the same time and didn't get a ticket (or hasn't yet?). I

Comment

Unfortunately someone else not getting a ticket doesn't wash as an excuse. Could be the ANPR couldn't read that number.

I think that without another good reason for claiming not liable then it would be best (though I hate to say it!) to pay the reduced sum and chalk it up to experience.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X