• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highview PCN

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20210806_20_25_14_Scan_LI.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1586538

What would be the best grounds for disputing this charge if a car was parked at this car park but the driver was not aware of the time limit because poor signage?
    The letter was only received yesterday 6/8/21.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

I think the following will do, as long as required statements are ot on the reverse. Keep the envelope of the PCN

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act.

The notice was not received until 06 August, some 21 days after the event, and so was not received within the relevant period of 14 days as required by 9 (4) of the Act.

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office.

They will reject but POPLA will be your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      I think the following will do, as long as required statements are ot on the reverse. Keep the envelope of the PCN

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act.

The notice was not received until 06 August, some 21 days after the event, and so was not received within the relevant period of 14 days as required by 9 (4) of the Act.

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office.

They will reject but POPLA will be your friend.

Thank you - on the back it asks me to appeal on an online form - is it better to write a letter then and wait it out?

Comment

You can use an online form but be wary of any drop down lists that default to the driver, there is already one parking compnay tht requires a tick in the box "I was the driver" before the form can be completed. Take a screen grab of each page you complete before you send it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X