• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Alliance parking recieved after 14 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Alliance parking recieved after 14 days

Hi all, this week I have recieved a PCN from Alliance parking sent to myself as I am the registered keeper of the vehicle
    It states that the driver of the vehicle is liable for a charge relating to the period between date and time of entry and date and time of exit and the charge has been incurred as the vehicle was 'Present without payment having been made for the duration of the vehicles stay' There are photographs entering the car park and exiting. However, the entry and exit dates are 14/7/2021, date of issue was 27/7/2021 and I actually recieved the letter on the 3/8/2021.
    Do they have to legally inform me within 14 days?
    Also, the driver paid for parking for 3 hours, is it legal to charge for parking based on photos entering and exiting the car park?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

For clarity your notice was allegedly issued on 27/07 some 13 days after the event. POFA 9 (6) assumes that delivery is 2 working days later. This means it is assumed to have been delivered 15 days after the event. In reality it was delivered on 03/08.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office.

When the took the photos the car was moving, ie not parked.

Comment

Thank you Ostell, their appeals process appears to be online only, I will email them and keep you updated.

Comment

I have just been onto their website to start the appeals process but it states only the driver can submit an appeal and you have to tick a box to confirm you are the driver to proceed!
        I will send them a letter.

Comment

Naughty. Especially if you are responding to a Notice to Keeper.

Send your appeal by post, they gave an adress on the website, here's their web page with details: https://www.alliance-parking.co.uk/p...cookie-policy/

Don't forget the certificate of posting

Though it probably won't get very far a complaint to the IPC about their member only allowing appeals from the driver

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210820_175743.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1588040 Hi, I have just got back from a couple of days away to find this response, dated the 15th of August.

Comment

Not a lot you can do apart from wait and see what comes next

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll post updates when I receive them.

Comment

Just to update this, i realise it has been a long time but i never received anything further from Alliance

Comment

Originally posted by Oilybitz View Post
                    Just to update this, i realise it has been a long time but i never received anything further from Alliance
                    No wonder Alliance haven't chased this.
                    Their last letter (15th August 2021) was so misleading, I would be surprised if they would risk it being introduced as evidence in litigation.
                    But you never know with these parking companies (or their tame legal reps).
                    They have 6 years from the date of accrual of cause of action in which to file a claim, so keep everything safe just in case.
                    No point in poking the sleeping bear, though.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X