• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

One Parking Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Parking Solutions

I have defended a parking charge notice issued to me in a hospital car park where I was attending a meeting to support their governors (I am a volunteer patient governor of another trust). Despite me disputing the charge One parking Solutions took a bulk court action via their usual court ( Northampton) which I have dealt with. Now I have just received a Notice of Allocation to Fast Track and a trial date following a Deputy District Judge considering the statements of case & directions questionnaires filed.

The amount of the initial parking charge wasn't huge nor was the court sum sought (£160 + costs) but I now feel out of my depth in what to do next and also if this does go to trial the claimant will pay a £545 court fee to go to that stage, so my parking charge is now looking North of £800 if I lose.

The court has strongly suggested settling by means of the Alternative Dispute Resolution and I am frankly sick of all this and recovering from major open heart surgery I am just wanting it to all go away as it is getting more than ridiculous to be facing this kind of potential loss to seek a defense of a comparatively small parking charge. Any help or advice would be very gratefully accepted. I am retired but active and have income that would probably mean I will need to pay costs in full. HELP !
    Tags: None

Allocation to Fast Track?? What is the amount of the total claim?

Post up the PCN received, suitably redacted, and copies of the signs.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Allocation to Fast Track?? What is the amount of the total claim?

Post up the PCN received, suitably redacted, and copies of the signs.
      The claim was for £160 PCN & Damages +£21.13 interest + court fee of £50 total £256.13 (Northampton County Court Business Centre
      Fast Track refers to a notice of Allocation to Fast Track noticeN154

Signs & copy of PCN are at home will post on here when I go home at lunchtime

thank you for responding

Comment

But this amount and a parking charge is normally small claims track. Object to the track, you want small claims. I suspect they have asked for fast track so that they can make you liable for costs. There are very limited costs in small claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          But this amount and a parking charge is normally small claims track. Object to the track, you want small claims. I suspect they have asked for fast track so that they can make you liable for costs. There are very limited costs in small claim.
          Yes I agree, I was very shocked when I got this. On the advice of the court office I have e mailed them to ask the judge why he routed it tis way and if he would consider routing it via small claims

Comment

Originally posted by opsworthing View Post

Yes I agree, I was very shocked when I got this. On the advice of the court office I have e mailed them to ask the judge why he routed it tis way and if he would consider routing it via small claims
            UPDATE

I have just had a phone call from the court. It was allocated to fast track in error by the court. They will re-issue as a small claims case.

Lets see what that brings !! Thank you for replying to my post

Comment

Although you have submitted your defence please keep this case in mind when you are presenting your case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X