• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty parking app led to ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty parking app led to ticket

Hi, First time here so hope someone can advise.
    I recently received a PCN due to an expired ticket bought on the councils newly updated pay a go app. However the new app has a fault that can occasionally show time remaining long after the ticket has expired. The app shows a large active counting down display showing time left, and also shows a static start and end time in small print. I have provided screen shots showing time remaining and actively counting down, up to 17 mins after the actual ticket has expired. They accept there is a fault but say i should have checked the time remaining against the actual time of expiration. I argue that as the previous app had no faults and was trusted I had no reason to check and compare all of the information to see if it was accurate. Also that it is reasonable to be drawn to the large active display rather than the smaller static 'end time'. I'm in the middle of an appeal, the council accept that app gave me false information and that the app is designed to draw your attention to the large active display., but are still saying the fine stands. Any advice or a reference of a similar case would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Is this a penalty charge, or is it a (private) parking charge?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It's parking fine issued by the council for city parking on the public road

Comment

Sorry....not my forte.....try pepipoo?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X