• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DRP parking fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRP parking fine.

Hi this is my first post.

I will try and keep this short after reading prev sections and think ive got it, but would like to check & thanks for info on here.

Bought old car, got parking fine through post 3 months later from a London fuel pump service area 30min overstay.(We where 14min over due to getting food there and I had to check old car over before journey back)
    Got no details, but my partner car got fined same day! she worried and payed that ticket straight away within 14 days. I assumed because we left the exit together they didn't have get the old car reg!

But it took 8 weeks for log book to come back through post registered to me on Day of fine.

I can't appeal etc. Because never seen original MET letters from 3 months ago.

I don’t want to drop the previous owner in it as he was very ill at the time of purchase, hence sale of his Old car, but I assume he may have received the first letters as the old car would have still be registered in his name at this point?

Anyway due to the above & the 3 MONTHS later!! MET services have passed dept onto DRP who then must have re-applied to DVLA and got my current address.

Thanks to prev posts, recommending NOT to contact and ignore DRP as you won’t get anywhere and very rude if you do contact them etc etc.
    Just keep a look out on a direct court letter if it comes through?

Just don't want to miss anything?

Thanks
    Tags: None

So edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

So letter to DRP telling them this is the first you have heard of the alleged debt and return it to their client. DRP can't get the keepers details from the DVLA.

SAR to MET demanding all documents regarding you and your car. MET frequently send NTKs out too late to be able to hold the keeper liable

Comment

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi all

Here is an update from the BPA today!

Basically they closed the case as after details given to them from MET saying blah blah i had been 3 chances to appeal and letters where sent out to my name and DVLA address.

Well looking in detail of the copys BPA sent me of these 3 original letters from MET has my name on the them but totally wrong house number by over 40 digits!

Also MET (surprise surprise) said they never received my letter I sent them! Even though it went to a PO Box through Royal mail & i payed extra and proof its been delivered and i sent a copy to BPA.

I get the feeling BPA on there side, but what would you recommend i write back to the BPA about the address number? (If you see part of BPA letter below, now i do have proof to MET i never received the letters)
        Ive double checked my log book and my correct address.

Part of BPA reply letter......

While I appreciate that your position is that you did not receive correspondence prior to receiving letters from the debt recovery agents, as we have no means of ascertaining whether correspondence has or has not been sent or received by either party, we are unable to become involved in a further dispute on this point. As we cannot investigate postal delays, you may wish to address this with the Royal Mail.

Any help much appreciated.

Comment

BPA are on the side of their members of course.

Check what your V5 document says about your address. Is it correct? If it is then you can not be held liable as you did not, and could not have, received your NTK within the 14 day relevant period required by POFA 9 (4). Check the copies of the NTK you have and see where it fails POFA.

Write to MET pointing out their addressing mistake of address and any other POFA fails

Comment

Thank you Ostell.

V5 has my correct address.

Would it be worth replying to BPA as well stating the same?

It's that last time MET through BPA said they denied receiving my letter.

Comment

So when you send letters get a free certificate of posting from a post office.

Comment

Hi Ostell

Thanks. I did proof of postage Inc extra to make sure delivered to PO box as that was the only address I had for MET.

Checked and V5C is correct name and address.

All 3 original letters which I never received have my correct name, but wrong address on.

Shall I also reply via email to BPA as well ?

Comment

BPA will not be interested. Write to MET and tell them that you have not and could not have received their letters because of the incorrect address that they used. They therefore cannot claim from the keeper as they have failed to deliver the Notice within 14 days. Free certificate of post from post office.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Would you recommend I send a photograph of logbook as proof of correct address to MET as well at this stage?

The dept company must have the correct address! As I keep receiving letters.

Comment

Yes, Send a copy of the V5

The debt company have done a trace to find you.

When a Notice is received out of time I usually suggest the following appeal:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper No. xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Use the information as part of your letter to Met

Comment

Hi Ostell

Unfortunately I missed your last post 25th February 2021, 21:30:PM (Only just flagged up tonight!) Just read this now.

I have already sent off a reply and proof of postage but not as well written as your last post to be fair.

It's been 14 days and haven't heard anything back from MET.

Would you recommend I re-write and re-send as per your last post then leave another 2 weeks and then trying to contact them via email or phone?

Once again thank you for your detailed information.

Comment

They could just be thinking about what to do next as you seem to have them over a barrel.

don't prod them. Just make sure you keep the paperwork for 6 years.

Comment

Ok. Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X