• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking - Blue Badge McDonald's Gatwick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking - Blue Badge McDonald's Gatwick.

Hello,

I received a "legal letter" the other day about a PCN from Met parking and parking in a blue badge bay.

I hadn't received any correspondence up till this point and the "offence" date was from late 2019.

I have a bit of an issue with the way they conduct this kind of enforcement as it is clearly designed to get as much money from people as possible.

Some general specifics:

The bay way in use for just over 10 mins.

The "offence" happened very late at night and no other bays were occupied.

I was with my heavily pregnant wife, who was in the middle of one of the worst pregnancies (our son is one at the end of this month) she had spent the entire time with severe hyperemesis gravidarum which saw her bring up most things she ate or drank. Feeling the desire to try some ice cream we went in search and had no luck anywhere including at the KFC and McDonald's at Gatwick.

There was a bout of homelessness which is why I haven't received any paperwork till now.

Had I got it I would have appealed on the above grounds.

What are my options as I really don't fancy giving met the best part of £200 for briefly using a bay that had no impact on anyone least of all the business who's car park it was?

Hoping you can help.

Thanks in advance.

Tags: None

So what do you mean by "legal letter"? Be precis so everyone knows what is being dealt with.

Have you got the original PCN issued by MET?

Comment

Sorry the letter is from CST Law with the subject "Unpaid debt- reminder notice"

mentions court and chance to pay before court action.

Also mentions Bevis V Parking Eye 2015.

No pcn from met this is the first correspondence I have had.

Comment

So you write to the solicitor telling them that this is the first you of this alleged debt and transfer it back to their client.

Then a SAR to MET demanding all documents that they hold about you and your car.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X