• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN do I have to pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN do I have to pay?

Hi

I have received a PCN and received it through the post after 14 days. I wrongly thought that this meant I could appeal.

I appealed using their web form and there was no option for 'I am the registered keeper' so I had to select 'registered keeper and driver'.

They have replied and I am assuming that I have messed up and have to pay now. Am I correct in thinking that?

Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

If there was no choice other than state the identity of the driver then you should have written.

The IAS is not recomended, they will reject. Just wait and see where they go.

They have been a little less than truthful in their statement: they have to deliver within 14 days to hold the keeper liable. If there is not a reverse to that PCN then they have also missed a lot of the other statements required by POFA

Comment

Hi Ostell

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

You are of course correct. To be honest I was not considering the impact of naming the driver as I wrongly thought the 14 day limit had passed.

Here is the back of the PCN.

Comment

They have so failed. There is no legal requirement to identify the driver.

You could write to them again and point out that they have failed to deliver the notice to keeper within the 14 day relevant period, 9 (4), failed to give the required notice of keeper liability, 9 (2) (f), failed to give the period of parking, 9 (2) (a), and therefore cannot transfer liability from the driver at the time to you the keeper.

Comment

Good morning

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but yesterday I received a claim form for this PCN and two others which I had no knowledge of.

Can I just use the points above as my defence?

Thank you

Comment

Additionally I have acknowledged the claim and will write for CPR. Do I need to SAR as well?

Thanks and apologies if this should be started as a new thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X