• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors Letter Re: Unpaid PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you have not "just received" the NTK so comment about the fact that it was a document in the SAR. But apart from that then go.

Comment

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help and advice.

Comment

CEL are litigious & will often persue the alleged debt via a court claim, & will progress with it right up to the court door. Their usual MO is then to drop it immediately before the actual hearing & scuttle off back to under the rock from whence they came.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I sent the letter. I received a claim form yesterday. What should I do?

Thanks

Mark

Comment

I'd really appreciate a reply as soon as possible - I've only got a week left to respond

thanks

Mark

Comment

So you have a claim form from Northampton?

acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Post up the claim form

Comment

Thanks again.

I'll send the acknowledgement, and post up the form later today.

As I understand it, the claim is invalid because CE failed to send the NTK within the 14 day period. Does that mean their claim will fail?

The costs have now increased to £271.44. I'm concerned that if this goes to court I may lose, in which case I would incur even more costs.

cheers

Mark

Comment

So you argue about the increase in charges being an a use of process. Look here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Thanks again.
                    Here's the form:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MarkW68; 27th February 2021, 15:09:PM.

Comment

Last page:

Comment

Take the form down and repost with the password deleted

If you lose then the additional might be for the £25 hearing fee. Small claim is very limited as to costs.

Comment

As I understand it, the claim is invalid because CE failed to send the NTK within the 14 day period. Does that mean their claim will fail?
                          Can you comment on that?

Regarding my defence, this is what I propose putting on the form:

I refute the claim. I did not park in the car park in question, I merely turned round in the entrance.

Regardless, the claim is invalid because Civil Enforcement failed to comply with The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012.

Please see enclosed copy of the letter I sent to Civil Enforcement, plus a copy of the certificate of posting.

Is that okay?

thanks

Mark
                          Last edited by MarkW68; 2nd March 2021, 16:35:PM.

Comment

I really need a reply to my last post. I've only got a week left to submit my defence.

thanks

Mark

Comment

On the one hand you say YOU only turned in the entrance and the go on to rely on POFA. If the driver has been named then POFA is not applicable.

Comment

So if I omit the first paragraph, is my defence okay?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X